Hobbyist Forums banner

A few more favorites

1K views 20 replies 13 participants last post by  accobra64 
#1 ·
IMO, I've always thought these two cars were the best of their respective castings

See less See more
#6 · (Edited)
NWovalfan said:
My thoughts exactly! Don't know what it is about that orange Camaro, but it looks better than all the other 69s. Maybe the black rockers.
Although I never really liked the pudgy proportions of that Camaro casting, I have to agree with you. I like the new '69 Camaro casting much better and I'm looking forward to the variations on this one. Can someone say Yenko?

That Chevelle happens to be my favorite of that casting so far. Love the paint and wheels.

#9 ·
SD64 said:
Although I never really liked the pudgy proportions of that Camaro casting, I have to agree with you. I like the new '69 Camaro casting much better and I'm looking forward to the variations on this one. Can someone say Yenko?
.... how about Baldwin-Motion too? :)

#16 ·
FLOYDFROG, you should actually have an SS 454 patch for the Chevelle.
I agree that these are great castings. I love the wheels on the Chevelle.
Two other similiar castings that also get my vote are:

1969 RS Camaro

New casting 1970 SS454 Chevelle

Images courtesy of jlcollector.com. Thanks Wyatt for allowing me to use them.

Cheers. Cobra

#18 ·
accobra64 said:
FLOYDFROG, you should actually have an SS 454 patch for the Chevelle.
I agree that these are great castings. I love the wheels on the Chevelle.
Two other similiar castings that also get my vote are:

1969 RS Camaro

New casting 1970 SS454 Chevelle

Images courtesy of jlcollector.com. Thanks Wyatt for allowing me to use them.

Cheers. Cobra
Right you are Cobra! I have quite a few vintage car related patches & when I took that photo I couldn't find the SS454 patch, so I used the next available. I've been wondering when someone was going to call me on it :) Is this better? :wave:

#19 ·
Yes!

FLOYDFROG said:
Right you are Cobra! I have quite a few vintage car related patches & when I took that photo I couldn't find the SS454 patch, so I used the next available. I've been wondering when someone was going to call me on it :) Is this better? :wave:

Beautiful picture with corrected patch.
Wow! What else can I say other than "thanks for sharing".

Cheers. Cobra

#20 ·
I have to love that 71 Chevelle casting...........the very first car I ever drove was a 71 Malibu Sport Coupe. It was brand new at the time, my Dad had just bought it as a graduation present for my older sister. I was 12 years old and my Dad took me to a vacant parking lot and let me drive it around for about 20 minutes. I still have a soft spot for 71's and so, it is my favorite JL Chevelle as well.

#21 · (Edited)
What really impresses you on this particular Chevelle casting is the wheels and tires.
PM or RC2 did a fantastic job on the wheels. They do look real.
It was a must have for me as soon as it was released.
Another Chevelle that looks good would be this one:

New casting 1972 SS Chevelle
Image courtesy of jlcollector.com. Thanks Wyatt.

Cheers. Cobra

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.