Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Cobra,

Yes, the competition has some nice wheel offerings. The Redlines just didn't suit the Camaro. It was an extra anyways:)

·
Registered
4,530 Posts
Wheel swapping is always fun. I wish JL would make a bag of different rubber tires and wheels and sell them.

·
Registered
4,105 Posts
Wyatt said:
Wheel swapping is always fun. I wish JL would make a bag of different rubber tires and wheels and sell them.
That's what the warehouse sale is for... 4 tires for a buck. ;) Occasionally, 16 tires for 3 bucks. :cool:

·
Registered
4,530 Posts
pms485 said:
That's what the warehouse sale is for... 4 tires for a buck. ;) Occasionally, 16 tires for 3 bucks. :cool:
But then you have all of those extra bodies laying around with no wheels! And they start to smell pretty bad!

·
Registered
7,548 Posts
Wyatt said:
;) Rubber wheels huh?You could bounce the car off the floor like a superball....
....until 5 years later,when the rubber fossilizes into little pebbles.

....actually,I once posted an inquiry about getting a bunch of stock rims to replace and improve a lot of stupid wheel choices.
If I remember right, JK replied, (and I'm speaking WAY out of context).... for the large quantity,that I inquired about,it could be done.

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
Tire and wheel swapping is part of the fun of OPENING your JLs.
And there a lot of choices in the last couple of years.
Nice work, 94SS.
Wyatt, you are absolutely correct about JL making bags of wheels and tires for sale to collectors who like to do swaps. Just keep the price reasonable.

Cheers. Cobra

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
RobDog said:
;) Rubber wheels huh?You could bounce the car off the floor like a superball....
....until 5 years later,when the rubber fossilizes into little pebbles.

....actually,I once posted an inquiry about getting a bunch of stock rims to replace and improve a lot of stupid wheel choices.
If I remember right, JK replied, (and I'm speaking WAY out of context).... for the large quantity,that I inquired about,it could be done.
I haven't had any tires on the diecast dry rot yet, but the "Bag o Wheels" idea is a good one. I have actually had a JL or two with mis matched tires. A bag with a wide assortment of replacements would come in handy for both of those problems.

I always robbed the tires off the unpainted First Shots. My Modsquad woody looks better with American Chrome whitewalls! :thumbsup:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts