Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The funnycar is a modified tyco 440x2 pan chassis. I added some lams to the arm, not sure if any more would fit. It has metal gears, ball bearings on the motor, and a shunted elec. system. Still needs a few things. The rail started out as a lifelike T. I made the arm out of a tyco arm and added some lams to the stack. I drilled the endbell for tyco threaded brush tubes the front end is brasswith bushed front wheels. Still got some work to do on this one as well. The tjet has everything. High timed rewound epoxied AW arm, neo magnets, all metal lightened gears, the chassis is cut for cooling, neo trac magnets, wheelie bars (reqiured even with the trac mags), hood scoop in the body for cooling, de-soldering braid pickups, silicon coated sponge tires, and 8 ball bearings.

·
Registered
807 Posts
sweet

Those be some nice lookin draggers there.. Those arms :thumbsup:
How does the desoldiering work out soldiered to the plates? And ball bearings..HHmm sweet and smooth...
Never tried adding lams to a inline arm :cool:
Keep them comin..Love to see others draggers..

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The braid works awesome for drag racing, haven't tried it for turns. Kinda skeptical about it working on turns.

·
Model Murdering
7,331 Posts
Slick stuff Mr. Yoder! How about some details/advice on the ball bearing install. Inquiring minds would like to know.

Sure would open some possibilities if the back spaced pickup braids could be made to corner. It would really help tighten/clean up the front end on my shaved chassis deuce projects.

BH

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
First of all look up www.vbx.com, they have the bearings. As far as installing them goes your looking at lots of drilling, gluing, etc. It helps if you invest in the correct size drill bit for the o.d. of the bearings. The i.d. of the bearings is 1.5mm (.059") so you have to convert everything to that size. It's stock tyco axle/armature o.d. I had to sand the shaft on the arm so it would fit in the bearings. If you put the bearing in the bottom like I did you'll have to do something different with the brushes. I'm not ready to share my brush (or lack of brush) design just yet. I will sometime soon though. Lotsa work!

·
Registered
214 Posts
i had thought about this awhile back but never followed it through,i stated with an afx non mag chassis,not a springer motor but instead a wiper motor,i llike the way you did the braids,and the bearing is sweet! you did some nice work on those motors. :thumbsup:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts