Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been enjoying the Deal's Wheels reissues and thought I would post a few of my builds. I have several of each kit so I thought I would start out with trying to recreate the box art. When I get around to it I'd like to go back and add details to try and dress them up a bit. :)

Attachments

·
Curmudgeon
6,598 Posts
Nicely done Hammerdude! I've been a fan of the Deal's Wheels kits ever since they were first released in the early 70s, and I've never seen a bad build-up of any of 'em--out of the box or heavily customized, they're beautiful and fun kits. I sincerely hope Revell will eventually get around to reissuing all of them.

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
Great work! I too love these kits, only difference is I never grew up with them.
These are such fun to put together.
Great work on the scoop! can't even see the seam on the 57.
Look forward to your others!
Chris

·
Registered
632 Posts
Awesome!! :thumbsup:

Way back when, I was in the Revell model club. They'd send a new model every month. I got both the Camaro and the Trans Am through the club. They were so cool!

Todd

·
Registered
456 Posts
Hopefully mine will turn as nice when I get around to them.

...... I sincerely hope Revell will eventually get around to reissuing all of them.
I to hope they reissue the rest of them.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks everyone for the kind words. I've never posted any of my builds before. Looking at all the great pictures here I've always been a bit intimidated.

I also grew up with these kits. Whenever I saw a new one on the shelf of my LHS back in Thousand Oaks I grabbed it and started begging my parents that I just had to have it. :rolleyes:

Here are a few more:

Attachments

·
Curmudgeon
6,598 Posts
Way back when, I was in the Revell model club. They'd send a new model every month. I got both the Camaro and the Trans Am through the club. They were so cool!

Todd
Oh, the Revell Model Club! That was my introduction to many of these kits as well, kits I might not have obtained or even known about otherwise. Ahhh, those were the days... :cool:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Oh, the Revell Model Club! That was my introduction to many of these kits as well, kits I might not have obtained or even known about otherwise. Ahhh, those were the days... :cool:
Seems like I was a member of something called the Young Model Builders Club. How great was it to get a new model in the mail on a regular basis.

Last Deals Wheels I have for now. After seeing these again I'm starting to think about pulling out the VW Van and Tirebird--Like I don't have enough other kits started already--:freak:

Attachments

·
Curmudgeon
6,598 Posts
Seems like I was a member of something called the Young Model Builders Club. How great was it to get a new model in the mail on a regular basis.
IIRC, that's what the Revell club was called, not the "Revell Model Club" as Prowler901 and I referred to it; I just couldn't think of the proper name when I made my last post. Not only was it great to get a kit every month in the mail, but not knowing what you were gonna get was kinda fun. Also, some of the kits they sent me were things I wouldn't ordinarily have chosen on my own at the time--WWII aircraft, a customized chopper with extended forks, a Chevy panel van--so I gained a bit of experience building kits of subjects that I probably wouldn't have otherwise, or at least not until later in life when my tastes had expanded.

Last Deals Wheels I have for now. After seeing these again I'm starting to think about pulling out the VW Van and Tirebird--Like I don't have enough other kits started already--:freak:
Beautiful job on the Messaschnitzel!

I have a VW Van in the works at the moment myself...well, sort of. Even as a kid I was never crazy about the driver that came with the kit; I thought it should be a "surfer dude" or an old hippie, not some bald guy with a big nose and buck teeth. So I decided to go the old hippie route with this one, and turn him into a guy who clearly indulged far too heavily in the drug culture of the sixties and still thinks Flower Power could work. Thing is, I've never sculpted anything before in my life, so modifying the figure to that degree is entirely new to me, and I didn't want to end up with something that didn't "fit in" with the rest of the kit. So far I've added a beard and moustache which, to my surprise, came out pretty well IMO, but I haven't decided what to do about the hair yet, so in the box it sits until inspiration strikes. (I'm open to suggestions, but please PM them to me so as not to derail Hammerdude's thread any further than I already have.)

·
Lifetime Quacka
1,725 Posts
Very cool kits. I love these things too. I bought the red baron in the funster box (before the latest round of reissues). I think that is my favorite Deal's Wheels of all time. All of your other builds are lookin' good too. Glad to see you posted some pics!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts