Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
10,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Many of you may have read that Dave Antonelli and I set up at a Hot Wheels show here in RI today. Rob (ECchopper) showed up - a pleasant surprise - and scouted the vendors for us. He came back reporting that someone had a sealed inner of SF23 that was selling for $25

I took a walk over to the young man, and asked him about it, he said he was selling it pretty much at cost. Something about his name tag caught my eye, and I was stopped in my tracks ...... the name?

TheToyPallet !!!

That's right, it was Ben, who joined the HT board just about a year ago, even became a sponsor if I recall. I remembered him from the board immediately, and gave him a big HT welcome. I thought he was a college student in NY, but it turns out he's going to school right here in Rhode Island! I intorduced him to Rob, and Dave, and told him about our Johnny Jam event.

Very nice young man, and it was cool running into another HT member at a HW show; one I didn't even know was in the state!

Nice meeting you Ben, and hope you stop by HT again ;) :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,815 Posts
How did you do at the show Rich?

BTW, you need to clean out your PM box - it's full and I couldn't send you a new one, so I sent an email - let me know. Thanks! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,793 Posts
Yeah, Ben seemed pretty cool. Hope he stops by here once in awhile.
Very good show, by the way. I ended up with 38 Johnnies, 17 of which are going in my trades list, or RAOKs.

(found a 1:24 WL on the way down, too)

OH, and Rich just wouldn't stop giving me cars! Lexmark Cuda zinger... blue Charger Zinger (it's an error too, card says Dodge Daytona) Plus a bunch of MMs.

He even forced me to take a strange looking Hot Wheels!

·
Registered
7,693 Posts
ECchopper said:
........OH, and Rich just wouldn't stop giving me cars! Lexmark Cuda zinger... blue Charger Zinger (it's an error too, card says Dodge Daytona) Plus a bunch of MMs.

He even forced me to take a strange looking Hot Wheels!
Sounds like carnut should be dubbed, "The RAOK Emperor". :)

·
Banned
10,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Stack said:
Soooo Ummmm What would that make you Mark??? ROAK.......?
His Royal Highness Grand RAOKster Supreme Poobah

As for Ben, I told him he should drop back in HT as well. BTW, I bought the case, only my third case ever (all three this month!) and once again, nada. Ben wouldn't take it back, either!!!!! :rolleyes: :lol: :lol: (j/k)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts