Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
I can see the Ecto being a $225.00 car,
but why is that charger over six bills?
and 1 of 30?? who came up with that number?

I'll watch that Ecto..........I have a couple of these in WL,
and may try the auction with them. it will be interesting to see how far up it goes.

·
Registered
12,344 Posts
BOOGIEVANMAN said:
$600. For A Zinger ?
Very few were produced with "White Lightning" printed on the rubber tires. 30 might be a generous estimate. If only 10% of a run of 10,000 had rubber tires, that leaves 1,000 with rubber tires. If only 1% were white lightnings, that would give you only 10 WLs with rubber tires! Given the fact that they are almost NEVER seen for sale, they are sure to command top dollar, although I think this one is already at more than top dollar, apparently at least 2 bidders disagree. :freak:

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
thats my buddys zinger , I was there the day he bought that 5 minutes before I got to the store to meet him :tongue: .

Sportys the guy who got me into collecting JL's and he has an amazing collection , over 1000 WL's most of the mail aways and direct cars lots of limiteds , fest cars ..etc.

Not trying to plug anything but I know he is selling a ton of real good stuff off soon to help finish off his 1:1 69 Firebird H.O. 400 , but we were both shocked on that one , he called me this morning and I was blown away since he just listed it yesterday , it will be interesting to see what that ends up at .

10-15 is most likely a better estimate on those rubber tired zingers and thats the only series that had them was the first release . This is the only one of the green charger I have seen come up for sale , actually one of the only ones I have seen period anywhere .

·
Registered
487 Posts
Long Arm of the LAW said:
10-15 is most likely a better estimate on those rubber tired zingers and thats the only series that had them was the first release . This is the only one of the green charger I have seen come up for sale , actually one of the only ones I have seen period anywhere .
Releases 3 and 4 of Street Freaks also had Zingers with rubber-tire WL variations, and these are about as difficult to come by as the release 1 WLs. Your estimate seems about right to me -- I would be surprised if there were as many as 25 of each of these, and there are a couple that I'm not sure have ever been seen on the Bay.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
prbwheels said:
Releases 3 and 4 of Street Freaks also had Zingers with rubber-tire WL variations, and these are about as difficult to come by as the release 1 WLs. Your estimate seems about right to me -- I would be surprised if there were as many as 25 of each of these, and there are a couple that I'm not sure have ever been seen on the Bay.
you are correct , for some reason I was only thinking about the white lightning lettering on the tires and forgot about the other series

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
That's insane; I've known a couple people to have actually owned that particular Charger WL with real rubbers. I have two real rubber Charger Zinger WL's from SF's series 3; the Pink Charger with white rubbers, and the Green Charger with white rubbers. Almost makes me want to sell them.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Someone might have offered him bucks to end it early.I see a lot of that in the comment areas of really rare stuff.But I could be wrong.I have 2 Zingers from that series.I paid a lot for them from a collector here in my town,but nowhere near what that one was going for,and at that price I will never finish those.I am still trying to fill in holes in all my series of whites>i dought if I ever do it,but I still try.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
yeah the charger and the dinner olds auction were pulled by ebay , someone phished his account and put some things in the auction like buy it nows for some random email address . Sporty is gonna relist them in the next day or so .

I am stopping over there a little later today to help him sort thru stuff , it's a huge collection from 94 on , I hope I can get my grubby mits on a couple of cars I need but the majority of it is either gonna end up on the swap and sell or the 'bay

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.