Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In my back to basics/plain jane spirit, I have a couple of modified M2 Torinos. First, I removed the tampos on a GT and replaced the grille with a basic Torino grille and added redlines in place of the Polyglas tires

Second, I took a Torino Cobra that was an Auto Lift done like a Driver. I swapped the chassis out with another Torino and went with it.

·
Premium Member
10,287 Posts
Torinos were pretty fast considering the weight. Nice work

·
Registered
19,875 Posts
M2s sure are fun to rip into. Nice Torinos!

Is that gold '69 Olds in the background a JL?
Or maybe an M2? I can't tell.

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
M2s sure are fun to rip into. Nice Torinos!

Is that gold '69 Olds in the background a JL?
Or maybe an M2? I can't tell.
No, it is a High Speed. That is the same Chinese manufacturer that makes the GL Auto Worlds now. That is the 69 442 casting same as the GL but with a JL wheel swap.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
So you left the GT hood on it? Need to also remove the rear window louvers for a more plain jane look.

I am a fan of these years of Torinos, my first car was a '70 Fairlane that had the GT hood on it. I haven't seen too many honeycomb tail light Torino/Fairlane tho since I sold mine over 10 years ago :(

·
Registered
19,875 Posts
No, it is a High Speed. That is the same Chinese manufacturer that makes the GL Auto Worlds now. That is the 69 442 casting same as the GL but with a JL wheel swap.
Ah...ok, thanks.
I'm familiar with the series. I have the orange one from GL.
It`s a good casting, better than the JL in some ways.

Would anyone know of a linc that shows GL Auto World releases from the last couple years?

·
Registered
308 Posts
Ah...ok, thanks.
I'm familiar with the series. I have the orange one from GL.
It`s a good casting, better than the JL in some ways.

Would anyone know of a linc that shows GL Auto World releases from the last couple years?
Try glcollector- but, not sure if it is .net or .com?

·
Registered
4,758 Posts
Very sweet finds. I have a thing for the torino's my first car was a green Gran Torino and I drove that till the wheels fell off.

·
FnF: Fords n Ferraris
7,829 Posts
Nice work. Now you need a Cobra Torino and shaker hooded GT in the same colors for a four of a kind

1 - 11 of 11 Posts