Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been fooling around with an Aurora glow Frankenstein and a Polar Lights glow Bride (my ultimate grail kit since I was a kid, by the way).

Anyhoo...

I found that a light coat of generic water based glow paint really augments these kits' glow factor. I painted the Frankenstein base with a linen base coat followed with dry-brushed browns and a wash of spice brown. The grave looks like dead grass. The glow wash fits in nicely in ordinary light, then allows the grave to "glow with ghostly glow power" when the lights are off.

Similarly with the BoF, a light coat of glow paint on the walls and floor produces the desired effect. When this paint is layered into the motar of the base, the stonework is quite evident in the dark.

Generic colored glow paints give bandages a nice blue hue, allow dead limbs to glow faintly purple, and add a distinct colorful tinge to the glassware.

Dullcote seals the deal. What fun!

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
And with respect to Frankenstein's black suit... I painted the shirt dark blue followed with a black wash. I painted the coat and pants black followed with a dark blue wash. This gave the clothing less of a monochromatic appearance - just enough to add texture and a little depth.

Model on, Garth.

·
Registered
4,863 Posts
Care to share any pics taken under black light?
BTW, I just had to chuckle reading your posts...it just sounds like you are having fun - pretty odd concept here at a hobby forum, no? ;)

·
Premium Member
7,148 Posts
Care to share any pics taken under black light?
BTW, I just had to chuckle reading your posts...it just sounds like you are having fun - pretty odd concept here at a hobby forum, no? ;)
"FUN?"
Here at HobbyTalk???
Unheard of....
This must be stopped!!!
:tongue:
Denis

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
1 - 5 of 5 Posts