Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
check these out.I actually just bought 1 car from this seller and was considering purchasing a couple more because they were different.That`s when I noticed they are `fake` wl`s. This is just my opinion,if I`m wrong and someone else has these please let me know.
E - pay #`s 220069094088 , and 220069092809

edited more fakes:

·
Registered
5,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I`m wondering how many more there is?
The red conv. has had a wheel swap ,the interior is a `rougher` looking white color than the real wl.
The orange one had white tires or white wheels that are totally different than these` monopoly truck` wheels and they had white letter tires on them.
The top of the visors are also not white like they are on the real wl`s.

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
i am going to say a lot of them if not most, heck even all are fakes!
this one is definitely a FAKE!
http://cgi.ebay.com/loose-white-lightning-black-white-72-trans-am-370_W0QQitemZ220069331578QQihZ012QQcategoryZ19045QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
the white lightning characteristics of this car are white interior and a white base, not white wheels and white interior! the car already comes with white interior in the set.
here is a link to the real deal. note the chrome rims and white base.
http://cgi.ebay.com/WHITE-LIGHTNING-1972-PONTIAC-TRANS-AM-GM-MUSCLE-SET_W0QQitemZ160065351401QQihZ006QQcategoryZ19045QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

No swearing, even implied....gerald

·
Premium Member
5,478 Posts
I have a bunch coming from this guy. I emailed him, and he said he doesn't know anything about white lightnings. He said he got them as a lot from someone.
The ones I won, I'm almost positive are for real, but I thought I was going crazy studying these pics of his.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
there are 2 versions of the pace cars challenger and neither of them look like the one in the auction . version 1 is white plastic tires and white base and is numbered on the base , version 2 is white 5 spokes , rubber tires and white interior .

·
Lookout the Mac is Back!!
8,413 Posts
I emailed him and directed him to lightning lane.. mentioned it would be bad to have his reputation destroyed because he had no idea what he was selling

We'll see how he approaches it

·
Registered
716 Posts
Paul,

I saw those and also E-mailed the guy and decided to pass on them. I was going to buy the Coca Cola VW's and some others but the Cokes should have a white base and none of them did. I'm sure some of them were real but there were definitely a bunch of fakes in there and I didn't want mess with that. Good luck and let us know how it works out.

.....Jim

wlpaul said:
I have a bunch coming from this guy. I emailed him, and he said he doesn't know anything about white lightnings. He said he got them as a lot from someone.
The ones I won, I'm almost positive are for real, but I thought I was going crazy studying these pics of his.

·
Registered
5,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I bought the 71 cuda conv. from him before I noticed the challengers but the cuda looks real. I`ll definately check it really close to the other one I have.
I`ve decided to slowly work on getting the `hemi` 10 pack together in wl form. ;)

·
Registered
5,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
wlpaul said:
he told me the same thing.
He has actually cancelled some auctions.I`m not positive if he knows or he`s finally doing some research on them but I told him to expect some people complaining if he doesn`t do some research on what he`s selling.

·
Registered
5,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
btw,I just checked and the 2 challenger conv`s I pointed out to him are still there so I quess he isn`t too worried about it

·
Lookout the Mac is Back!!
8,413 Posts
He responded to me that he was told they are WL and he had a collector tell him they were real, so he doesn't know what to do, eventhough he said LightningLane was a good site....

·
Registered
12,345 Posts
What he should do is make sure his source of information has a clue. If the person that gave him the information differs from reputable other sources, it's time for him to take stock in his source, and put disclaimers on items he is selling that he can't verify their authenticity due to discprancies in information he was provided.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts