Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to the usual spots this morning, at a time when I am questioning myself for all this running around. Ran into another collector and we talked for a bit and parted. I met him a few minutes later at another store and he was there talking to the staff. The staff at this store is pretty good and will let you know if there is new stuff and so on. One of the guys says he has 4 cases out back, but the pegs are full, which they were. We talked a bit and he said he would bring them out and let us have a look, then bring them back. That in itself is unheard of. So he brings out 4 cases and we each take 2. I opened the first case and saw it immediately. Super Focus. No regular hunt. Next case was a dud. Nothing. I handed the Super to the other collector when I found it and said "Here you go. You were here first" Not a big deal. He continues looking and says "Here, you take this one" I'm thinking he changed his mind? He doesn't want it? He found ANOTHER. 2 Supers -4 cases- no regular Hunts. All the planets aligned and it was a good day for 2 collectors.:)

·
Premium Member
10,287 Posts
A rare event. The last time I was looking at the same time as another collector he said he was getting them for a buddy in another state and already had 3 THs in his hand. My wife and I got 3 and a Super Focus.

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
Very cool of you to hand the other guy the Super ( Kudos to you ) but very rare to hear a collector handing it back to you as he found one too.
Usually you see the other person take both cars and walk on, at least that is what happens in my area.

·
Registered
6,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
The guys around here are pretty good. We usually run into each other all the time and help each other out. Towguy2000, who is on here, was going to trade me a Super Camaro for a Sema Camaro. In the meantime, he found a Super so just handed me the Sema car and said if anything came up to keep him in mind. Good guys.
Very cool of you to hand the other guy the Super ( Kudos to you ) but very rare to hear a collector handing it back to you as he found one too.
Usually you see the other person take both cars and walk on, at least that is what happens in my area.

·
Registered
6,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's how we roll in Nova Scotia:thumbsup:
Ok, I am almost 50 and I shouldn't be saying "roll" but then again, I shouldn't have a basement full full of toys cars. It's all for fun!
I'm flabbergasted. Never would I have figured that someone would pass up on not one, but two Supers.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I'm glad you finally found a Super Focus but I have to know, which store were you two in? I didn't make it out hunting today at all....

·
Registered
6,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Dan at Zellers. I think Ron gutted the other cases. I have NEVER found anything at that store other than 1 regular Chevelle and some new castings. The guy who collects there, who is cool by the way, didn't even know what to look for in a Super. It's all good. I wasn't even going out today, but I didn't yesterday and slept in and felt like crap. want to trade a Focus for a Challenger?
I'm glad you finally found a Super Focus but I have to know, which store were you two in? I didn't make it out hunting today at all....

·
Registered
107 Posts
The only extra Super I have is a Honda S2000 if you are interested....I bet Dan was smiling when he left Zellers, they said they were getting more in. MicMac has all the same case lots (HHK) that has the '52 Chevy pickup.

·
Registered
6,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I was there today and picked up the 52' Chevy. No supers though. She had 3 cases on the skid and wouldn't budge. I didn't really push the issue.
The only extra Super I have is a Honda S2000 if you are interested....I bet Dan was smiling when he left Zellers, they said they were getting more in. MicMac has all the same case lots (HHK) that has the '52 Chevy pickup.

·
Registered
6,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I will trade the Focus for the Honda if you need it, I'm not super crazy over either one of them, but if you need it, done deal.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Thanks Weldon, I will have it with me. I would imagine we will bump into you another soon. I saw some 2013 HW's at Mumford WM this afternoon.....

·
Registered
6,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Saw them as well. I picked up the Purple Passion. I will keep the Focus in the car.
Thanks Weldon, I will have it with me. I would imagine we will bump into you another soon. I saw some 2013 HW's at Mumford WM this afternoon.....

·
Premium Member
9,237 Posts
Nice Finds Congrats.:wave::thumbsup:

·
Registered
126 Posts
lucky,
here in LA most of the collectors are JERKS!
had one at our kday with his 8 yr old son...
douche bag didn't even want to enjoy the collecting experience with his son, as the little kid kept asking his dad "should i get this one? or this one?" and his dad, too busy rummaging through his own box yelped out "get whatever you want, i'll go through your box when i'm done with mine"...
what the hell is wrong with this guy...

he then refused to wait in line like everyone else for round 2 and i had to mention to him that there was a line (even though he knew there was) and he freaked out on me and began to scream at me saying "you're not in charge here" so i got upset, especially seeing his own son scared, sad & staring down at the floor clutching his kday box of cars...in an obvious act of shame... and i barked back "HEY DUDE YOU DON'T HAVE TO BE A JERK, we are all following the rules and waiting in line...NICE ONE JERK!"

then he continued to talk sh*t about me to another collector while i was going through the 2nd box (since i was 1st in line for round 2)...he proceeded to call me a bit*h...and that's when i turned and told him to shut the hell up and he flinched because he thought i was going to punch him in the face... (i should have but he would have tried to sue me and/or press charges on me)... then he started to babble about freedom of speech and that's what makes this country great...oh my gawd... he would not shut up...

later a few collectors came over to me and said thank you for saying something to him...and that he was a jerk and didn't belong in such a well mannered happy group.

people can be the biggest as*hats when it comes to these STUPID NOT-REALLY-RARE treasure hunts...

thanks for sharing your nice story ;-)

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
lucky,
here in LA most of the collectors are JERKS!
had one at our kday with his 8 yr old son...
douche bag didn't even want to enjoy the collecting experience with his son, as the little kid kept asking his dad "should i get this one? or this one?" and his dad, too busy rummaging through his own box yelped out "get whatever you want, i'll go through your box when i'm done with mine"...
what the hell is wrong with this guy...

he then refused to wait in line like everyone else for round 2 and i had to mention to him that there was a line (even though he knew there was) and he freaked out on me and began to scream at me saying "you're not in charge here" so i got upset, especially seeing his own son scared, sad & staring down at the floor clutching his kday box of cars...in an obvious act of shame... and i barked back "HEY DUDE YOU DON'T HAVE TO BE A JERK, we are all following the rules and waiting in line...NICE ONE JERK!"

then he continued to talk sh*t about me to another collector while i was going through the 2nd box (since i was 1st in line for round 2)...he proceeded to call me a bit*h...and that's when i turned and told him to shut the hell up and he flinched because he thought i was going to punch him in the face... (i should have but he would have tried to sue me and/or press charges on me)... then he started to babble about freedom of speech and that's what makes this country great...oh my gawd... he would not shut up...

later a few collectors came over to me and said thank you for saying something to him...and that he was a jerk and didn't belong in such a well mannered happy group.

people can be the biggest as*hats when it comes to these STUPID NOT-REALLY-RARE treasure hunts...

thanks for sharing your nice story ;-)
Welcome to the new and improved HW Collectors of today ....

You would of loved collecting back in the 70s and 80s .... I remember NO ONE Collected HWs and it was fun going to the thrift stores to find new Cars every weekend with my Mother & Grandmother as a child.

Just remember in 1 ear out the other with douchbags that only go to K Days for the suppose Rare THs

·
Premium Member
9,237 Posts
I'm so Sorry for what Happened there in front of Everybody. I hope the next K-Day Event he don't come back.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts