Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 166 Posts

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In honor of my return to Hobby Talk, and to thank everybody who gave me much needed support and assistance during a brutally difficult time.

At this time I must beg the mods to indulge me just this once since the prize is a White Lightning. Pretty Please (with sugar on top) let me run this contest on th JL board. Plllllllllleeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaasssssssssssseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'll be your buddy. And I promise never to do it again.
I'm absolutely not above groveling if need be.

The Contest;
On my second day at my new job, I unloaded a 'bulk truck' ( standard belly dump grain trailer) and helped load a standard 53 ft box trailer with 50lb bags of roasted, salted peanuts (we only loaded it to 48 ' because of some wierd California DOT rule).

For this contest, I need the net weight of both truck loads of peanuts IN OUNCES!!!!! (For my Canadian friends who may be as unfamiliar with our system of measurement as I am with yours, there are 16 ounces in 1 pound)

This contest will run until midnight mountain time Friday night. One guess per customer, per calender day. Closest guess wins! No one but me knows the answer.

The Prize;
Up for grabs is a White Lightning version of Roscoe's police car!!!!!!!!! Also included is a bag of Borden's roasted, salted peanuts (if God eats peanuts, these are those!)

And now,GO!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
I'll go with 798,867 ounces.
Welcome back John, and thx for the contest.

·
Premium Member
5,478 Posts
Wow! I'm glad I remember some math I learned.

My guess for the day is 1,228,800 ounces of peanuts.

Man! That's 76,800 pounds of peanuts you got there.

Thanks for the contest, and welcome back.

·
0 Posts
Welcome back, and thanks for the contest. :thumbsup:
3,000,000 ounces . . . . even. :p

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Very interesting contest!! My guess is 2,100,000 ounces of peanuts, combined weight! Thanks for the contest and welcome back! :wave:

1up

1 - 20 of 166 Posts