Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
4,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just got back from buying bread a bit ago, had to check the pegs, got a monster dairy delivery...few pegs over, kid and father are arguing, kid found a reg hunt, and wanted to open and play with, dad was telling him he couldn't open, and to get some other cars, which he did, so i haaad to follow them to a register with my bread, and yes, you guessed it, daddy of the year bought the hunt out from under his own kid...Think this is what Mattel envisioned in 68?

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
Looks like he was trying to stop him from opening it up before paying for it?Maybe the dad wanted the TH?

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
Saddddddddddddddddddddddd

Never amazes me in how ppl act over a HW with a green stripe

This guy just won the daily dumba$$ award ... Congrats :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Wish I was there as I would of ripped that car open and handed it to the lil
boy and told him play with it- crash it - drop it - throw it - :p Who cares as
it's a Toy :rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,758 Posts
i just got back from buying bread a bit ago, had to check the pegs, got a monster dairy delivery...few pegs over, kid and father are arguing, kid found a reg hunt, and wanted to open and play with, dad was telling him he couldn't open, and to get some other cars, which he did, so i haaad to follow them to a register with my bread, and yes, you guessed it, daddy of the year bought the hunt out from under his own kid...Think this is what Mattel envisioned in 68?
Maybe the father is a closet collector but has no clue about kids.

This guy just won the daily dumba$$ award ... Congrats :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Your very right Liv, I would have let the kid play with it and held onto the wrapper and paid for. And if I was collecting at that time I would have found a second one if available and then bought both.

·
Registered
7,693 Posts
NO, no, no! Daddy bought it as an investment to put toward the kid's college fund! Why, in 15 years it will be worth $3.72!!! :eek:
Whadda turd.....:drunk:

·
Registered
2,598 Posts
Did the kid see it at the checkout? If he did'nt, maybe dad was going to suprise him with it. If the kid saw it then dad is a dope! By the way, you didn't go to get bread and happened to go to the diecast section..you went to get diecast and happened to pick up bread:tongue:

·
Banned
4,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
For once, i actually did go for bread, but of course i looked at diecast, it's 5 aisles away, and of course i cant get to the registers without passsing the diecast, soooooooo....:p:p:p

·
Premium Member
10,287 Posts
For once, i actually did go for bread, but of course i looked at diecast, it's 5 aisles away, and of course i cant get to the registers without passsing the diecast, soooooooo....:p:p:p
We all understand. It has become my new normal. Go into Wally and turn left or straight to the rear, according which one I am in lol

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
I guess I'll have to turn him in to our local radio DJ's ' dean & Roge' for the 'Dumb ASS of the Week' award!:)

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
He might be saving for him for when he is older.
I'm doing that for my nephew, mostly because I wish someone had done that for me when I was little. I'd really like to have some mint examples of my childhood Hot Wheels, especially the Old No. 5! As for investment potential...

NO, no, no! Daddy bought it as an investment to put toward the kid's college fund! Why, in 15 years it will be worth $3.72!!! :eek:
Whadda turd.....:drunk:
DadsCoronet was right on in that regard! With (almost) everyone preserving chase cars, their long-term worth will not increase significantly.

·
Registered
6,806 Posts
I would have told the kid it was a chase figure, and if he still wanted to open it, then go at it. Regular T Hunts and even Supers are worthless 6 months after they come out. The only thing that matters is if you think it is a cool car. Poor old Dad has read too many message boards and thinks he has a goldmine there. Misguided, that's all.

·
Registered
14,324 Posts
Well, Dad was probably the only one with cash, so he would be the one buying it. But even if Dad kept it, I'm sure junior isn't completely toy deprived at home... I wouldn't say supers are worthless six months after release, but it seems like a lot of parent/child drama over a regular.

·
Registered
7,693 Posts
Heck, even if the kid found a Super Secret TH, if it got him excited (and we can all relate - - - admit it guys, we're all big kids at heart!:p), it's worth 97cents all day long to see your own kid have an ear to ear grin. Period! Of course, daddy might have thought to offer his kid something in exchange if it was for him....

1 - 20 of 21 Posts