Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
10,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You might have read in my other thread about our going to service last night, and then taking a drive to The Elms mansion where our tree that had been in front of this house for years was the star of their Christmas display .....

Well, something unusual happened upon arriving home.

When climbing the steps to the front door, I noticed a medium sized brown paper shopping bag, with handles, by the front door.

I peeked inside and saw a pile of rocks (sadly, it was not a pile of RAOKS!!! :p ). We took it into the house and to better lighting where we discovered that it was an actual bag of coal!!!!!!

No note, no clues, no nothing :(

An immediate debate ensued as to whom that bag had been left for, with Lucy and Miss Kelly quickly deciding that surely the bag was meant for ..... me. :rolleyes:

I still don't know who put that bag there, but we got some good laughs from it.

Hmmmmmm..... now they've got me wondering.... I never did get my Hobby Talk Secret Santa package, and I wonder if just maybe this was a last minute arrival from my Secret Santa, who ironies of all ironies turned out to be ........ no, couldn't happen. That would be too funny!!!!!!!!

Now I can say that this little Hobby Talker actually did get a lump (well, several lumps actually!!!) of coal!!!!

I didn't think I was THAT bad, Santa :( :p

·
Registered
7,380 Posts
hey! funny!

I also recieved just 2 lumps of coal!

but on closer inspection found that they were plastic... and they opened up!

they were those silly "lumps of coal" cars that Matchbox put out.. you open them to find Matchbox cars inside... the cars were just crap cars, but the thought was cute...

Did you look thru all those coal peices carefully?.. maybe there are some of these in there with a WL or JL inside!?! :jest:

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
coal, cause no one stamps on a burning bag of pooh anymore. :tongue:

Merry Ho,Ho.

I didn't send that, something else is coming your way, sorry its late bud. :wave:

·
Banned
10,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The mystery has been solved!

My assumption today was that it had to be someone who worked at the Mansions with Lucy, because they have an old, hidden, 100 year old coal bin in the basement of the Elms, where Lucy works some of the time. I didn't suspect her, because the bag wasn't there when we went out to church but it was when we got home an hour later ...... or so I thought.

Turns out, in my haste to get everyone out the door for service, I hadn't noticed that the bag was there before we left! Lucy and Miss Kelly then decided to play it out, since I obviously hadn't seen it when I could have possibly linked them to the crime!

We stopped by Lucy's older sister's house on the way home tonight (she was another possible suspect) and when I told her about the coal, she immediately looked at Lucy and said "YOU put that coal there, didn't you!". Lucy then folded like a cheap road map and confessed the whole thing .... I had never even suspected her :p :p :p

My only complaint was "Did ya have to use a whole bag, couldn't you have just let it slide with one lump???" :p

1 - 15 of 15 Posts