Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,I posted a question about Polar Lights reissuing a new version of the Old Aurora T.V. Batmobile but due to liscensing problems we will never see it sadly and I always wanted a model of the particular Batmobile.Opinions please do other people think I'm correct when I say although not perfect the Polar Lights 1960s D.C.Comics representation is still similar and probably the closest I will get to the T.V. Show Batmobile without modifying the Futura kit,Thanks, Guy Schlicter.

·
Registered
4,235 Posts
I thought there were quite a few people making batmobiles. Or have they all been shut down?
I have my original Aurora car, complete with 2 back windows instead of a front.

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
That's kind of circular logic. The reason the comic one looks like the TV one is because the TV one came first, then they drew the comics to match it, more or less.

Check out the shop on Cult's site. He has a "Fireball Conversion" kit that just came out. Essentially, you take a Fireball 500 kit and "convert" everything except the wheels. ;)

·
Starship Class
11,820 Posts
^^Essentially, yes, but it should be pointed out that the then current comic book illustration (of an open sports type car of the same size) was consulted for ideas when plans were made for modifying the Futura. After the TV series started, the Barris car was illustrated in the comic books in blue and gradually simplified to become pretty much what PL has created.

My next Batmobile will be painted blue like the comic book version with the added bonus that the bat emblem on the hood will then be visible.

·
Registered
310 Posts
New Revell 2004/2005 catalog lists the Futura as a "new" release; have no idea if this means they've corrected the warped body tooling.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts