Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a response from a "want it now" post from the bay. Its for the '96 Toy Fair Custom Thunderbird. I've been looking forever for this one. 1 of 3 needed to finish this set. Deal will be made through the bay to keep it legal. Seller wants me to give him my best offer. I'm not good at that sort of thing. What would be a good offer without being unfair to the seller or offering way too much? This has been a holy grail for me for about a year.
Thanks

·
Registered
2,815 Posts
I, in my personal opinion, think that $5-10 would be very fair for that. The only JL Toy Fair set that is worth alot is the 1995 set, which I have. You hardly ever see those for sale. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Since the seller wants you to give the "best offer", he may think he's got something that is "worth a lot". I would agree that $10 shipped would be a fair price, considering that if an auction on ebay came up with the entire set the seller would most likely not get $100 ($10 x 10 car set) for the entire set. He may get $5 or $6 per car.

·
Lookout the Mac is Back!!
8,413 Posts
Is that the purple set?

I bought the entire set all at once for like $50, so I aonly paid about $5 a car shipped. It all boils down to what it is worth to you to get one of the last 3 you need

·
Premium Member
5,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
60sMetal said:
If you really want it, don't let it get away!
Thanks for the replies. Its from the purple set. And I want it kinda bad "if its on a decent card" I dont open full sets. I sent him an offer of $30 shipped. I figure thats fair to him and I'm willing to go that high. Havent got a response yet. I like that idea of sending him this link. If he wants more I guess I'll look a little while longer. I have a lifetime after all.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts