Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With all the talk about NEVER taking your 4200's below .90 or you'll reverse some of the conditioning the matcher put in ???

What has anyone seen from using a D-90 tray { example } vs a tray that shuts off at .50 volts .

What is one really going to see on the track ????????????

·
Banned
3,250 Posts
I've got a second D90 sitting on the bench that quit working again!!! Second one and only cycled 7 packs between the two. What a product!!! :(

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
What i've found is that voltage depression below .90 volts per cell causes a loss in runtime if done slowly or kept there for any length of time. Before I charge I actually put my pack into the 0-30 until the lights just go dead. It then goes on the charger within 5-10 seconds. Most packs still accept over 4250 maH done this way. If the pack stays low for any amount of time thats when the loss in runtime occurs. these are my findings, your results may vary.

The 4200 wc's I bought in november 06 have only lost 15-20 seconds from the first cycle using this method. I am one of the few in my racing group that still has old packs that are competitive, I'm convinced this method works. I recently dead shorted one of these packs with excellent results also it runs strong and the voltage curve stays high long enough for a 4 minute stock race.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts