Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
6,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Yeah I know this race is not until November but there is some news about this race and how to qualify for the Sportsman A Main.

Every year the CCRC runs a points series within the Club Series know and the Boyd Hughes Qualifier Series.

Racers earn the same points for these races as they do for that days Club Series Race. These points are tallied at the end of the races to see who will get a spot in the BHASC Sportsman A-Main. This racer does not have to single car qualify or run in any of the qualifiers to make the show. The only benefit of that racer doing so is to better the start position.

Here are the dates of the BHASC qualifiers.

6-2-2012

7-14-2012

9-8-2012

11-3-2012

These are all Club Series Race dates. You must be a member of CCRC to earn these points for this series.

There are already plans being made for this race to make it once again one of the Premier Events in Quarter Scale Racing.

7 years, & Different winners!

See ya there!

Event Sponsors:

Donnie Nelson Racing Engines
Horizon Hobby/ Spektrum
RC4Less
A Cut Above Gears
HRE MotorSports
Boca Bearings
Bishop Racing Products
SRP1 Bodies

·
Registered
432 Posts
I live in the west coast is the weather decent that time of year IM really thinkingbout going just need some info on the area lodging where is the nearest air port stuff like that

·
Registered
6,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lodging deal ALMOST finalized.

The host hotel is going to be the LaQuinta Inns & Suites, 5225 Carmichael Rd
Montgomery, AL 36106. You need to call the hotel direct Phone: 1-334-277-6000.

The rate is $52.00 per night for a double bed room.

They do not have the code set up as of right now they are swamped with the Red Cross right now due to hurricane Issac. Give me a day or two and I will post the code here.

·
Registered
6,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hotel information finalized!!

To pick up a room at the LaQuinta Inn & Suites
Montgomery, AL please call 334-277-6000 ask
for the Lagoon Park Raceway group block.

Rate: $ 52.00 plus tax, with tax $60.00 total
breakfast included.

·
Premium Member
2,329 Posts
I know of some sprint cars that would like to run. Myself, Randy Baker, Possibly Todd Holloway, J.r. Parsley, Larry Hopson, Will Landers, more. What say you sprint car racers?

·
Registered
6,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
FYI, the "format" will be for the Sportsman class only, all other classes will run a regular QSAC style format.

Also ALL classes will run under QSAC rules for TECH purposes.

·
Registered
916 Posts
I know of some sprint cars that would like to run. Myself, Randy Baker, Possibly Todd Holloway, J.r. Parsley, Larry Hopson, Will Landers, more. What say you sprint car racers?
The last I talked to Todd he said he'd have to do the Bonzi run after work , like us Fred , getting there Sat morning . Joe DePinto said he's in too .

1 - 20 of 48 Posts