Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm new to this fourm. i have a carter gocart with a 8hp tucmseh engine in it. last year while riding behind my sister i noticed that oil was spewing out of the oil dipstick hole and out of the muffler. after this we were not able to restart it. its been sitting for 1 year now and we are looking to sell it. what do you think is wrong with the motor? and how hard is it to repair it? i am strog in the mechanical field so i could modt likely repair this my self but any help or suggestions are greatly aprecheated.

·
Registered
6,116 Posts
Possible overfull of oil, check the oil level in the engine. Check and make sure the oil is not contaminated with fuel. If it has been a year since last used, there is a good possibility that the carburetor will need some work.

·
Model Murdering
7,331 Posts
How about

If you've tried all the good advice and it's still pukin' check the crankcase breather for obstruction. Especially if this motor has high hours, as blowby with no vent makes for a gooey mess. Some motors will barf and drool if the dipstick tube oring and or cap seal are bad. Lil' motors create more internal windage than you think, more so if they've got blowby! Further agravated by bouncing and sloshing around in a cart. It really sounds more like an oil level problem due to overfill or fuel contamination. If not try the above.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts