Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Administrator
32,948 Posts
I found a Prius listed as #89 and as #106 in @Toyotageeks 120 listings. If you are able to confirm with your casting that this is the right reference I will update the thread title if needed.

:lurk5:

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Going by the "Tomica Number" (the number found on the box), there are at least 5 Prius releases:
50-11
76-7
86-3
89-4
106-4
These include various generations of Prius, as well as various Prius "models" (i.e., PHV)

The number found on the base of all Tomica can vary from the "Tomica Number" because bases may be shared for multiple castings and other factors.

·
Administrator
32,948 Posts
I am not at all familiar with the ealier models of the Prius and the different model trim designations, but based on the 2009 base date and your date ranges for the #89 castings in your provided lists - this seems the best fit for this particular casting. Do you concur or have an alternate suggestion for linking this thread to the database? :lurk5:

Thanks for you additional input as well. :cheers2:

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
I am not at all familiar with the ealier models of the Prius and the different model trim designations, but based on the 2009 base date and your date ranges for the #89 castings in your provided lists - this seems the best fit for this particular casting. Do you concur or have an alternate suggestion for linking this thread to the database? :lurk5:

Thanks for you additional input as well. :cheers2:
This entry is good as is. :thumbsup:

I was just making a point that there were more Prius models than just the two numbers which were indicated.

I can't/don't remember all the various Tomica model numbers and what they are, which is why I rely on lists.

I prefer using the Tomica Number (box number) system, as that is what the majority of serious Tomica collectors use (especially in Japan and the rest of Asia).

When I have a model without a box, I always double check the model by searching for images online, and visiting the Japanese collector sites. This way I can usually cross reference almost any Tomica model. Anyone can do this to make sure what model they have. Japanese language skills not required. :wink2:

In the past my online bible for Tomica was Hellototomica. Haruten has been updating his site for the past few years, but the new site is even better than his old site. It's still a work in progress, so there are still many omissions for now.
Please visit : https://hellototomica.com/?lang=en

·
Administrator
32,948 Posts
Thanks for the additional source link! I am also not familiar with your list contents yet. But, noticed I had linked it to the wrong # originally - when I saw the #89 listed as another Prius casting while I was searching for one of the other castings. And I didnt think to look for others. :cheers2:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts