Hobbyist Forums banner
  • If you've ever been interested in the history of Zee Toys or Maisto over the course of the 80s, 90s and into the modern day, you should come over to the Hobbytalk Ask Me Anything with Chepp, now live and running until Thursday, September 23rd! Don't miss out! You can ask your questions here!
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
going thru some old regualr cars for customs and parts... found this old Classic Gold 83 Monte Carlo.. was from the old "4x4" years... wheels looked too big and I never knewwhat that thing was sticking out of the hood...:confused:

found some smaller tires, some stock rims and shaved off the hood.. atleast now it looks like the pic on the card, except for the rims... was looking for some to modify to look like those old GM rims, but haven't come up with any ideas yet...

·
Rocket Power
3,267 Posts
Saw a 1:1 on the road yesterday. Such classic lines ... looks good! I can still picture some of the famed Nascar drivers roaring around in this body style.

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
nicely done, Pablo! I always thought the lines of that casting were a little off, but the right stance and wheels do a LOT to change that!

The hood scoop replicated the induction system on the original casting, which was cribbed from a Hot Rod magazine Top Ten list from the early to mid-'90s.

jk

jk

·
Registered
318 Posts
Looks 100% better - makes you wonder why PLaying Mantis hasn't done that yet.

BTW: I think those rims are perfect!

Phil

·
Premium Member
14,385 Posts
Looks much better! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
13,598 Posts
"Just feeling nostalgic" for a thread from 11 years ago? Pablo, you have the memory of an elephant! I'd like to get one of those in my collection. The Monte Carlo SS was one of the automotive highlights of the 1980's

·
Registered
8,907 Posts
Nostalgic post! Where has triple 20 been? He always had all the nostalgic Oldsmobiles. Nice job on that Monte casting, I always admired those 80's era SS's.

·
Registered
13,598 Posts
Gary: OLDSMOBILE!!! (happy? :D)

Your avatar went to avatar limbo, same as all the rest of them, probably never to be seen again. You see, Hobby Talk has once again changed owners, so this is probably a result of that.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts