Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have raced R/C for years but lately a buddy has been trying to get me into 1/32 slot cars (He is succeeding too). I took my daughter with me to watch them run one night and she seemed to enjoy it. On the way home I told her about my old HO stuff that was in my mom's attic from when I was around 8. I am 46 now. She kept wanting to go get it all and bring it home to se what it was. Last weekend we drug it all out. I had a lot of the old AFX tracks with the broken corners but we found enough pieces to make a modified oval out in my shop. I got 2 of the old cars running and we were off. She is absolutely hooked on it. Everynight when I get home all she wants to do is go race me.:thumbsup: We are talking about getting a better track and making a layout in the shop and landscaping it. First though we need to get some cars. I also found my old TCR set but the cars look like they are pretty gunked up and the bodies are not there for them. I just thought this was pretty cool and had to share.

Thanks,

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
sweeeeet. i have 4 kids, ages 12, 11, 7, and 5... the biggest slothead is the 5-year-old. it's amazing what he can do with a decent-running Thunderjet. given equal cars, i have to work to keep up with him...

--rick

·
Registered
22 Posts
Excellent stuff, get em young, and they will beat the pants of you before too long, just sent a scalex micro set to a dad for his 3 1/2 year old and their hooked, the dad and the boy.

·
Crazed Painter
7,230 Posts
Fletcher has been racing slots with me since he was 4 yerars old...

kEWL...our 6 year old son loves to race slotcars. Have even put a paint brush in his hands for a little cutom body work. I put poster putty under the paint bottle to prevent the spill effect though.

Bob...LUCKY Dad here also...zilla

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I started my son out at 5 racing R/C in novice class. He is 18 and in college. I guess me and her will be slot car buddies instead of R/C. :thumbsup:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts