Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
some differences with the wild cat
smaller taillights of the left and braces around the tow hook which is a different size. it looks like the smaller light version was borrowed from the #8 mustang

different spacing between the rear trunk line and back window

the different roof lines. top model with more of a fast back design and different louver lines. also a slightly different wheel well
something is up with the engine :confused:

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Great photos :thumbsup: I only have 2 Wildcats - one pink ,one orange, one of each sticker variety but both are the 2nd higher roofline casting.My sole SF orange no 8 Mustang has the 1st fasterback casting,as does my one and only regular wheels car.I wonder if this casting difference came about because of tool repairs or if they are twins from the left and right sides of the same tool? Do you have the higher roof casting in the previous street Mustang white,red or orange or is it correct to assume that the higher roofline replaced the fasterback casting?
I wonder whether or not the no 8 Mustang would beat the 22 Pontiac GP as the American collectors all time favourite Lesney Superfast casting? My personal favourite is the no 25 Cortina closely followed by the no 14 Iso

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
some similarities are there with the mustang and the wildcat.
the top two have the angle at the back of the window and the bottom two have more of a straight line.
not pictured, the mustangs also have different size tow hitches and tail lights.

the top two have a more reinforced tow hitch than the bottom two

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Great photos that show one pair of cars from the right side of the tool and one pair from the left- Lesney always made 1-75 series twins because that was the optimum tool size for the machines to operate

1 - 4 of 4 Posts