Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

OK, I've been trying to learn how to post pics for a while.
With a lot of patience from my wife, previous posted advice from Desertslot, GoodwrenchnTim & SlotcarMan, Thanks! :thumbsup:
Before beginning to assemble my new Max-Trax layout, I became curious.
I compared curved AFX track pcs. to the MT. I found a 15in. AFX pc. fits
very well to the inside border of a 29in. Max-Trax curve.
Pictured are 6,9,12 & 15" curves w/the 29" pc. :)

·
Most Interesting Member
6,267 Posts
WoW!!!! A 14 lane oval!!!! PERFECT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It's NASCAR heaven!!! (and a corner marshals 7734)
This looks way more like the combo sectional/pro track I'd be interested in.
Lots of possibilities here.

Rich :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
David, sorry but I am new to posting pics.:confused:
Marty, you are welcome when track is up, but it won't be 14 lanes. :)
The pics are simply a comparison of track pcs. The new layout is an improved MT replacement of my previous 6 lane Tomy.
Although the table dimensions are 76in. wide x 19ft. long, I doubt it could be big enough for a project like that. :eek:

·
Registered
641 Posts
Try reducing your pictures to 640 x 480 pixels,
with Microsoft Office Picture Manager that is probably on your computer.

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
You guys are missing something.....Notice the gap between the inside lane of the Maxtrax. It's enough space for a 15th lane.

·
Crazed Painter
7,230 Posts
Nice pics Dyno Dom...

That's a lot of lanes...............14 enter but, only one will leave. You could have a race like this: If you wreck your out (pull the car off) and the last one running wins! Well to eliminate slow pokes you would have to put a time limit on the race with a pre-determined amount of laps that need to be finished also. :rolleyes: Or not?

Rich....75 cars.....................Holy Heavenly Demo Derby Nascar smash-em' up and wreck-em' up race. DO IT!!!!!!!!!!

Bob...going into turn one (*crowd cheers wildly*) it's a huge pile-up with only 55 cars still going...hahaha...zilla

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
SuperFist, thanks for the advice, learning process so I certainly can use the help. :)
Rich, 29" is MT largest curve. Smaller curves are 11,17 & 23.
Wider lane spacing more true to modern 1/64th scale is nice w/plenty of track border area.

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Jim, you would be correct. :thumbsup: Most all the cars are on stock chassis. Temporarily, the Ford GT & 2 Cobras are on stock Tomy G+ chassis.
The Dash 427 Cobra is 1 of my favorite slot bodies & will be joining the Lexan
Porsche as a 9 ohm, low voltage, brass weighted car. I'll have to figure out
which body style the yellow car is, originally p/u as clear from Wizzard. It runs on a G-3 chassis & has become my best club car. Certainly a good feeling of comfort when a car is able to run hard in straights & pass in turns.
:)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts