Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
front emblem on left is raised with larger headlights and front emblem on right is recessed with smaller headlights.

long line above windows on top and short line above windows on bottom. also window sizes that didn’t show up too well.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
with this variation it might be a way of knowing which casting has the various labels. like the way knowing which casting should and shouldn't have the baron of beef labels.
this inn on the park bus was obtained in the early seventies. authentic as far as I know . it has the recessed front emblem. i wonder what the casting to label ratio is for the busses ?

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Here is the real deal, a 1965 MCW Daimler Fleetline.The front badge was removed in 1977 when the sightseeing white plate was fitted, and the missing foglamp lost after accident repairs.This very bus, CRU183C is the bus that appeared in the street scenes in ``Austin Powers 2 -the spy who shagged me´´and it has been in California since 1982.
I only have 3 examples of this casting, the regular wheels in dark red (larger headlamps), the SF Baron of Beef and the common bright red SF issue (one of both casting variations)with a G box
I suspect that these casting variations exist 50:50 because one came from the left hand side of the tool and one from the right hand side of the tool. these Superfast Fleetlines came in Hot Pink as well as the 5d dark red color - does mountain have these color varitions?

Here is a real no10 Leyland Ergo pipe truck without pipes but still working for a living in Malta in 2007.This model came in red or orange, with plastic or metal spikes to retain the pipes - a bit small but a typical 1960/early 70s european 4 axle truck before tractor cabs and semi trailers which dominate today became plentiful

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
really like your knowledge about the real vehicles, thank you :thumbsup: :)
that makes sense about the left and right tool. all of the rw 74 busses i have also have the larger headlights. have you seen a rw smaller light one?

the is so much confusion about the baron of beef i wonder if anyone knows. i think there is more confusion about which # 5 rw bus they should be on

i have a 74sf bus that I believe is catalog fluorescent red and a darker red.

like the 1:1 pipe truck too :thumbsup: i have a nice orange color variation that i will try to post

1 - 5 of 5 Posts