Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got one. Just wanted to finish my Goats. I had to give a big :thumbsup: on this one. Was worth the wait. Thanks JL. Only need the '70 and the... ahem, '74 (big hint implied). Gotta love the quality!

·
Registered
300 Posts
'74 GTO - Impossible

I have heard talk about modifying the current Nova to make it a '74 GTO.....but that just wont work, even if JL could modify the casting. The 1968-1972 Nova's are so very similar, but the 1973-1974 Nova (and Olds Omega, Pontiac Ventura/GTO, Buick Apollo) has a whole new rear half, including the beltline and roofline. The front is heavily modified, too. Then in 1975, the GM compacts got all new styling. The only modification JL could do is to change the '68-'72 Nova front and rear panel into a '71-'72 Pontiac Ventura, which would be cool.

Don't get me wrong. I would love to see a '74GTO, but if they bother doing it they might as well make it versitile enough to do the other cars with the same body, just different grill and tail lights (Chevy Nova, Olds Omega, Pontiac Ventura/GTO, Buick Apollo).

Thanks for the '73 GTO. I hope to see it a lot... and as a LeMans and GrandAm. I am afraid a '77 CanAm is asking too much.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts