Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw this yellow 70 Dodge Challenger R/T in with a new JL/AMT plastic model kit and had to have it. Stunning piece of diecast, unfortunately these pictures don't show it's great detail and overall beauty. It had a white hardtop, but that does not show up well on a white backgroung. I don't make plastic cars, like the one that came with this Dodge diecast, so I guess some little kid will be getting that car. :p

·
Registered
5,967 Posts
I haven`t seen that kit yet anywhere.Now I have another car to collect for this year :thumbsup: 2 total now

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
travis1960 said:
Is that color exclusive to the plastic model kits?
I tried to match the color to other yellow JL cars in my collection and I did not see a pure color match, some were very close in color, but no exact match, IMO. This is the only JL 70 Dodge Challenger painted this color yellow.

AMT also makes a 69 Firebird conv. and the JL car that is included in this kit is a Yellow 69 Firebird, I believe it is the same color yellow as the Challenger. It's a sharp looking car too. I might go back to my hobby store and get one of those too.

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
I don't have that Challenger to compare, but it seemed to be close in color to one of these. I'm thinking it's not the club Challenger, though...the Charger is a bit brighter yellow.

·
Registered
4,467 Posts
It is almost identical to the 71 Challenger thats yellow , but has a different color top .. Havent seen the Firebird - wonder if its the same as the one they just released in Muscle Car 12 ...

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
EdselDave, the situation with the yellow Firebird maybe similiar to the situation with the dark blue '05 Ford GT.

The Ford GT was issued in the same colour in the 2007 Calendar release, in the AMT 1/25 model kit, and in the MUscle Cars release 10.
The release from 2007 Calendar release has different wheels.
The other two have the same wheels.
The version in the model kit doesn't have lengthwise white centre stripes.
The other two do have the stripes.

Interesting discussion.
Thanks Aqua XK8 for the pictures.

Chers. Cobra

·
Registered
4,467 Posts
Accobra : I have all the Ford GTs , including the 3 blue ones . I suppose the kit yellow Firebird could have different wheels than the 2 that were done already . Or it could be a different yellow - like a pale yellow that would be more like an original 60's color ... I havent seen one yet ,... I did see the bronze 69 Daytona kit / JL car at a toy show . I believe thats a new color for that car ...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts