Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There must be a story here. I inspected my new JL 70 Buick GS and the rear plate says CECIL, but the front plate says BOBBI. Anyone know the real story about that? The names of someones kids perhaps?

·
Lookout the Mac is Back!!
8,413 Posts
Nope, Bobbi and Cecil are Mark Hosaflook's cousins and it is their car, they have shown it at the last two Fest car shows and managed to get RC2 to make it up

Cool, eh???

·
Registered
8,373 Posts
Here's the story as I understand it.

The owners of this car have brought their GS to no less than two LightningFest shows for display. At one time many if not all cars that came to 'Fest, that JL made a die-cast of, were made as "Your Car is The Star" or in some other capacity. Until this casting was updated, the other older style casting was not viewed as passable in comparison to all the upgrades in detail and quality so it missed out. Once the casting was finally upgraded by Mac and RC2, bad fortune hit again when the YCITS program was cancelled.

When talking about castings made available for 'Fest 2006 with Mac, one of the cars on the list was the 70 to 72 GS. I reminded Mac about this car and he remembered it from the show. He needed some good pictures of a real car and with some hard work on Mac's part and a little luck, I was able to get my cousin's car placed in this series of castings. Since it coulld not offer a photo card with their official names on it like the others did in the past, I asked Mac to do me a BIG favor and put Bobbi's name on the front and Cecil's on the back.

It was the least I could do for them since they hauled that car anywhere I asked two different times. Cecil also hooked me up with my 68 Buick Skylark I drove for almost two years and for those who have seen my rat Triumph bike, it was again, Cecil who gave me the majority of that project.

If you are close to Medina OH, you can see this car as well as others he owns at many local shows. If you need help on antique Brit bikes, Cecil is also the man to talk to. He should have his yellow GS on the road this coming summer I hope and another all white one they plan to call.......White Lightning.:p

·
Registered
7,693 Posts
WOW! Great follow up to AQUA's inquiry!! I had heard about this Buick some time ago on HT but it's a great story to read about. I'll have to take a close look at mine when it arrives. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
971 Posts
Cool story... I just noticed those plates last nite and was wondering what the back-story was. Thanks Rob & Mark :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's a nice tribute to Bobbi and Cecil. :thumbsup:
It's a beautiful 1:1 car and JL did a great job on the diecast. I like the way JL put a red GS 455 'decal' on the front of the air filter. That sets the engine off nicely.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts