Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just took in a Honda on a pressure washer. Customer complaint, kick back. I know that the B&G has a finite setting ( about .oo4)on valve clearance because of the cam comp release flipper. I also know that a pressure washer with hydraulic spikes in the hose can shear a key and that occasionally a failing coil will cause this. I have no experience with Honda and valve settings and would like to hear some opinions before I start since I have other work ahead of this one.Valve setting for a six pls? Tom

·
Registered
103 Posts
if its a gc or gx pull the valve cover and look for anything unusual in the valve train bent pushrods broken rockers ect.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bugman, I did not get to this engine until today and to ans your question by email, it is tied to a press washer. When we took the valve cover off, we saw some of the junk Honda has put on the market, and that you referred to as junk just a few days ago on another reply on this forum. Honda may???? make a good engine in their x series, but this c series would not make a good boat anchor. I was amazed to see a busted up plastic cam shaft with this cute little belt hanging off of it. You are right , buy the best, buy a Briggs. Thanks for your reply Tom T

·
Registered
3,241 Posts
Ouch, briggs now have gone to composite cams, but havn't heard many problems with em... (maybe a few breaking, some wearing out fast) but they do good... still take a rock good too... lol...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts