Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I heard somebody dis this casting by calling it the 4wheel Firebird, so I went with it and tried for the highboy look by raising the
body and lowering the wheels as much as possible, leaving room for some larger wheels and straight down exhaust pipes.
The stock white chassis was chromed and chrome interior redone in dark blue to better match and look more realistic.

The T/A sitting w/ the '67 Firebird 400:

·
Registered
565 Posts
sweet job on that.
they did much better on the 67 tho imo.if the grill had been part of the body casting it might look better.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I was trying to buy one of these from a guy letting it rust to death in his driveway. One of my favorite T/A s of all time right there with the 70 T/A.
The casting is pretty nice and you did some great work to get that rubber underneath it. Way to shine up the underdog!

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was trying to buy one of these from a guy letting it rust to death in his driveway. One of my favorite T/A s of all time right there with the 70 T/A.
The casting is pretty nice and you did some great work to get that rubber underneath it. Way to shine up the underdog!
Thanks a lot. I hated to see people trash it and tried to show some of it's potential.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts