Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This started out as the purple Hotchiks '69. It got painted black, the inside red, and chassis silver (as the grill and rear bumper are part of the chassis), and fitted with some wide tires on back and dragster bicycle tires on front.

EDIT: The more I looked at it the uglier those wheels got and after the work I put into it I owed it to myself, and the casting, to do something about it. So I swapped out the old wheels for a set off a Camaro that came with a Maitso wrecker.

The original wheels are still on it in the 2 Camaro pix. Better now?

Here it is the the '67 I did a while back:

·
Registered
799 Posts
Nice color choices I like the black and red! Not a big fan of the zinger mismatched, misproportioned wheels tho. Im not knocking it. I can appreciate the work you put in this build, and most your customs share this same theme. Keep em coming!

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice color choices I like the black and red! Not a big fan of the zinger mismatched, misproportioned wheels tho. Im not knocking it. I can appreciate the work you put in this build, and most your customs share this same theme. Keep em coming!
I don't care for the rims the back wheels have myself, but as many as I go through I couldn't see not finding some use for them. :p

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The mismatched wheels don't bother me though, I've ran them like that in real life.

I had a 4WD w/ wide white spoked rims in back and skinnier ones in front. A '77 Charger Daytona I bought only had 3 original stock rims. Finding one would be next to impossible so I ran it w/ stock rims on one side and aftermarkets on the driver. I figured you could only see one side of the car at a time anyway. :p

·
Registered
350 Posts
The mismatched wheels don't bother me though, I've ran them like that in real life.

I had a 4WD w/ wide white spoked rims in back and skinnier ones in front. A '77 Charger Daytona I bought only had 3 original stock rims. Finding one would be next to impossible so I ran it w/ stock rims on one side and aftermarkets on the driver. I figured you could only see one side of the car at a time anyway. :p
That's some funny sht right there. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I couldn't look at those ugly back wheels anymore and swapped them out for some different ones this morning. I changed the pix to show what the new ones look like.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts