Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,287 Posts
I had to buy several of those, couldn't help myself.

·
Registered
19,875 Posts
I left that one last night as I still cant stand that rear wing in its size :eek: ... shopping cart handle :rolleyes:
Yep, the shopping cart handle and the gi-normous cut out wheel wells turned me away.
But I do like the colors a lot with that ultra cool HURST logo, that looks awesome, but for a buck or two more a JL could be found.

Beautifully done pix as allways though! :2thumbswayup!:

·
Registered
4,260 Posts
I left that one last night as I still cant stand that rear wing in its size :eek: ... shopping cart handle :rolleyes:
My sentiments exactly. I did buy one when I came across it but I didn't open it for the longest time because I was hoping I could just use it for a trade. That spoiler is a real 'spoiler' for me.

·
Registered
7,279 Posts
yea the whole Hurst series by JL is so much better than this...

even the cartoon-y JL white Hurst Olds Zinger is better detalied and proportioned than this.

I think mattel thought that since they had a (passable) Olds cast, just throwing a big Hurst H on the side would get Hot Wheelers to buy it

·
Registered
14,324 Posts
Remember the 100% 442? It came in white w/ gold, in a two car set I think. May even have been a dedicated Hurst version, as I have the green w/ gold, and it has tiny barely legible Hurst badges on it.

For some reason, I can overlook the shopping cart spoiler and huge wheel openings on this casting. It's cartoonish in a cohesive way, like HW's of old. Far less distracting than the huge rear wheels on the IROC-Z, which is otherwise a pretty realistic casting.

·
Registered
7,353 Posts
I need to find this car...bad!

This is actually a 1970 body with a 1969 Hurst Olds paint job,the 1968 Hurst Olds is silver with a black trunk and black stripe.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts