Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Administrator
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This version of the Hot Wheels '68 Corvette was designed by Ryu Asada and introduced in the 2017 HW Screen Time Segment Series as #3 and #99 in the mainline series numbering. It is based on a real-life 1:1 custom 1968 Chevrolet Corvette commissioned by Hot Wheels and built by the Gas Monkey Garage in Dallas Texas. Their entire build was documented on the television hit show "Fast N' Loud". The program documented the level of craftsmanship and expertise that went into this one-of-a-kind build. It's no wonder this souped-up Chevy is also called the Midas Monkey. It was the first official car of the Mattel Gas Monkey Garage Hot Wheels lineup to be produced. The custom car was sold at Barrett Jackson Scottsdale in September 2016 for $120,000.00.

Administrator
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
As is always - feel free to add you casting images, real life photos and share with us why you do or dont collect this casting. 馃

Reactions: samace22

Premium Member
Awesome gas monkey garage the midas monkey 1968 corvette you have and you reviewed Milton congrats.馃憤 I have everyone of those in my hot wheels collection. 馃憤

Administrator
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I picked up 2 of the newest Gas Monkey Garage Corvettes from the 2021 Night Burnerz 5 pack. The gold ones are really nice but I think this is my favorite version so far! As a 5 pack the castings are made in Indonesia and the package is Toy # GTN47. The base plate date code on these 2 are P26. Fandom lists the color as Matte Dark Grey and the DD8 black wheels with the blue grey painted rims are nice accent. The base is actually dark grey with exterior chrome accents being a part of the interior casting piece. (I made those updates and information listing corrections at Fandom today.)

[/url]
[url=https://flic.kr/p/2mqLveA]2021 Hot Wheels Night Burnerz 5 Pack '68 Corvette Gas Monkey Garage by Milton Fox, on Flickr

2021 Hot Wheels Night Burnerz 5 Pack '68 Corvette Gas Monkey Garage
by Milton Fox, on Flickr

by Milton Fox, on Flickr

by Milton Fox, on Flickr

Reactions: samace22
1 - 7 of 7 Posts