Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Mustang Collector
4,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Few months back someone brought up that 67diecast a great JL website was shutting down due to the owners health issues. It seems that he has the business up for sale....on the bay. Interesting auction and I really hope that he is able to sell. I have purchased many items from him without a problem and at good prices.
Item number 170075832652

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
I placed 2 orders with him about 6 weeks ago and I haven't heard diddly from him about them. His site was still up and running and it went through the motions of accepting orders. I knew he had health issues and the site was for sale, but I thought I'd try anyway. He used to send me good stuff. I hope someone buys his business and I wish him well.

·
Mustang Collector
4,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow I am surprised. I have not purchased anything in about a year only because I have just about all the Mustangs that he has listed. I never had any problems and orders arrived very quickly.

·
Registered
4,917 Posts
Ive bought a lot from him in the past (in my pre-HT days) and never had any problems. I hope everything turns out ok for him!!

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Great guy to deal with..helped me find a few cars I was looking for a few years ago..always helpful and friendly..hope it's not serious and that he is feeling better soon....

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
Bugzy said:
Great guy to deal with..helped me find a few cars I was looking for a few years ago..always helpful and friendly..hope it's not serious and that he is feeling better soon....
daryl is a great guy. i believe he has been having family members help out within the business due to his health problems so that might explain the delay. i bought from him multiple times and never had a problem until the last time. a few weeks had passed after i placed my order and it didn't arrive so i emailed and tried calling him to find out what the status was. it took nearly month to hear from him after multiple phone calls and emails but when he did return my calls, he apologized deeply and offered me free shipping on my order. i know he put a lot of time and money into his business so i am sure he is trying to at the very least break even before he sells it. give him time. he is a stand up guy and will make good on his dealings. :thumbsup:

·
Old School Dinosaur
2,130 Posts
I bought some stuff from Daryl back in November, was shipped with in a weeks time.

·
Registered
7,693 Posts
Thanks to some of you guys here, I found out about Daryl's site. I placed some orders and got some hard-to-find cars at reasonable prices. My last order was several JL's and he missed one. I spoke to him on the phone and he acknowledged the error. He told me about some HEMI - Sweet cars he was getting in that weren't on his site and I picked out a few. I never got the car missed from my last order, nor the others I ordered over the phone (didn't get billed for them, though). Not concerned so much about a little metal car as much as Daryl's health; hope his health improves.

He had told me he got some inquiries about his business, but nothing solid. Think I'll check the auction. Hey, YellowBronc, aren't you putting together a diecast business?

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
DadsCoronet said:
Thanks to some of you guys here, I found out about Daryl's site. I placed some orders and got some hard-to-find cars at reasonable prices. My last order was several JL's and he missed one. I spoke to him on the phone and he acknowledged the error. He told me about some HEMI - Sweet cars he was getting in that weren't on his site and I picked out a few. I never got the car missed from my last order, nor the others I ordered over the phone (didn't get billed for them, though). Not concerned so much about a little metal car as much as Daryl's health; hope his health improves.

He had told me he got some inquiries about his business, but nothing solid. Think I'll check the auction. Hey, YellowBronc, aren't you putting together a diecast business?

I've been trying to get things off the ground, but some of the manufacturers have been less than easy to work with. I actually spoke with Daryl right after the first post about the business going up for sale. We had a great talk and were able to iron some issues on both sides. I have been wanting to get in touch with him, but lost his number and honestly forgot to even check the site. Ill be sending him an email to see what we can work out. Thank you for pointing out the auction, makes it even harder for me to think this site may get shut down, but hopefully it will continue to stay up and running :wave:

·
Registered
5,966 Posts
I`ve dealt with him quite a few times getting some harder to find E-bodies.He has some great prices on multiple big-blocks 70 cuda conv`s and rubber tired yellow conv`s.Prices were a lot cheaper than finding them on the bay. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
i know some people were placing orders and not getting there stuff asap he is real sick and is backed up on orders it took me a while to get my cars just be patient if you havent gotten what you ordered yet he is a GREAT guy and we should all wish him the best!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts