Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well here go's nothin, I wanted a Orange 1966 Nova and did a rattle can spray bomb. First I lowered it just a bit. then primed it and now the waiting for the paint to dry in the heatlamp booth. The paint was heavy so I figured this to dry it out some while taking away the excess paint runs.

It's been years since I did any paint work.

Dave

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

Not turning out as well as I had hoped, see the splotches on the front of the fender? It's a good thing all my cars are runners.

Dave

·
Registered
885 Posts
I drove my Dad's restored 66 Nova II to prom in 89 I loved that car!! I also miss his 70 Impala convertible!!! But hey that's the past I still like what you did!!!

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
. . . and on the 8th day God created paint stripper - lol
lol or add details and run the tar out of it.

or just make the picture smaller

Or just admit it's been along time since I've done any work like this and I lost what little talent I used to have.

Of course you can see the times of my posts and see I don't have a whole lot of patience.

Dave

·
Crazed Painter
7,230 Posts
Bring that Nova over here and I will put some laps on it...

Dave,

LOL...hahahaha you are cracking me up man. :lol:

I feel the light heartedness of you post and glad you are having some fun. That 66 Nova looks good to me. I had to sell my 1/1 scale 1970 Nova off several years ago. It was going to be finished in Hugger Orange. Now the new owner has completly off frame restored it and plopped a Big Block in it.

Drive the doors off of it and then you can always go back and re-doo,doo it up later down the road or you just might get attatched to it as it looks pretty nice the way it is now.

Another option is to HOOTER-ize it with some decals? Just an idea...:freak:

Bob...Can't never did anything...zilla

·
LED Burner Outer
11,710 Posts
I wouldn't sweat losing the skills!!! You still got them.. :thumbsup::thumbsup: I like that nova, and have a couple to squirt myself one of these days... (I sure wish one of these days would come around.. I'm getting tired of waiting!!) :lol:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts