Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning fellas........I picked up the lime green 66 Nova yesterday. I got it home and was suprised to find that it was a WalMart exclusive. Suprised, because I bought it at Autozone. Any ideas how that happens? By the way, I LOVE this casting. I have found the maroon, light blue, and aforementioned, lime green so far. Glad there are a lot of versions.

·
Premium Member
3,133 Posts
Where does it mention it's a Walmart exclusive?

I grabbed that one, too, last night. Couldn't resist the paint job!

·
Premium Member
9,007 Posts
Nice 1966 Chevy Nova Find Congrats.:wave::thumbsup:

·
Registered
976 Posts
Actually it is a Walmart exclusive that was suppose to of came out earlier in the year but was found in other stores before ever turning up at Walmart. The black Boneshaker was another that should of been hung with the green Nova, can't remember the 3rd casting that was the exclusive with these.:drunk:

Mattel's distribution has been messed up more than usual this year.
The black Challanger in HW's racing theme, silver Montecarlo and orange Torino are also walmart exclusives from earlier in the year that until recently showed up at other retailers before being found at Walmart.

·
Premium Member
3,133 Posts
Where did you get that information from?

·
Registered
6,164 Posts
that was part of the shipment that did not make it in mass retail.the exclusives were the
black bone shaker
black challanger
green nova
orange tornino
silver dart
silver monte

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
First, thanks for clearing this up, and sorry for not coming back to the thread sooner. I had a lot going on yesterday. I had just seen it mentioned on a site that it was a Wal-Mart exclusive. I don't remember where, possibly joesdiecast, I just thought it was odd to find it at Autozone.

·
Registered
5,746 Posts
For some reason those cars, from two different mixes, never made it to Wal-Mart.
They ended up at some auto parts stores and Kroger stores.
Some of the Torinos Monte Carlos and Challengers did trickle out to Wal-Marts but the toughest to find has been the black Bone Shaker.

·
Registered
6,806 Posts
That nonsense used to happen with McFarlane figures. So called Walmart exclusives that used to show up everywhere.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts