Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Silent but Deadly
4,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's a shot of the Classic Gold 23 1966 Mustang!

Still getting used to working with this new camera. One problem is the lack of good focus before and behind the subject. I miss using my old camera, which lacks in resolution but kicks butt in the near focus dept.

:)

R

·
0 Posts
Looks like my Trans Am...kinda squatting in the back..needs some new springs!!!! :D

·
Silent but Deadly
4,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So, ummm, Tom, what do you keep in that trunk??? Magazines?? :lol:

R

·
0 Posts
Craig maybe you could add some smoke coming off the rear tires, then it would look like you caught it in mid-launch!!!

·
Registered
3,760 Posts
owl said:
Here's a shot of the Classic Gold 23 1966 Mustang!

Still getting used to working with this new camera. One problem is the lack of good focus before and behind the subject. I miss using my old camera, which lacks in resolution but kicks butt in the near focus dept.

:)
that looks nothing like the one i got in that series - mine is white :freak:

·
Rocket Power
3,267 Posts
owl said:
... Still getting used to working with this new camera. One problem is the lack of good focus before and behind the subject. I miss using my old camera, which lacks in resolution but kicks butt in the near focus dept.
I know exactly what you mean. I don't know what kind or quality of camera you got but I'd image a digital camera in the 3.2 mpx range, a rangefinder , point and shoot autofocus type, like what I have. Although these cameras are very convenient and easy use, they do lack in technical abilities such a depth of field and flash range. My 35mm film camera still takes better pics than my digital camera but it's much nicer to put just plug this one into my computer and away we go.

I find if you simply back off from the subject instead of trying to fill the frame, you will find that the depth of field increases. Then just crop the image in Photoshop or whatever. It does mean you loose some valuable resolution but at least you get more the shoot you were after.

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
I like it. A nice job.
I bet that Matchbox Tom really likes it, for obvious reasons.
Owl, keep the pictures coming.
It is always nice to see something new from you.

Cheers. Cobra

1 - 16 of 16 Posts