Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Attn Matt; Many, many posts ago, I suggested using your Galaxie casting to make a 7 Litre. This was a one year only model, available in HT and Conv. There's a webpage, www.7litre.org and it's full of info. Please check it out and consider this car. I think a turquoise car would be nice.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Attn Matt; Many, many posts ago, I suggested using your Galaxie casting to make a 7 Litre. This was a one year only model, available in HT and Conv. There's a webpage, www.7litre.org and it's full of info. Please check it out and consider this car. I think a turquoise car would be nice.
The only difference between the XL and the 7 Litre that would show on a GL model would be the 428 fender badges, the deletion of the XL after the Galaxie 500 on the rear quarters, 7 Litre grille badge and of course the grille would be the same as the XL but different from the 500 grille on the GL XL, which is incorrect. The interior changes, steering wheel and glove box badge, would not show on the model. Emberglow would be my color choice.

There was a 7 Litre in 1967 but it was a badge engineered XL and was not a model of its own. Very rare to see one. I have never!

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The only difference between the XL and the 7 Litre that would show on a GL model would be the 428 fender badges, the deletion of the XL after the Galaxie 500 on the rear quarters, 7 Litre grille badge and of course the grille would be the same as the XL but different from the 500 grille on the GL XL, which is incorrect. The interior changes, steering wheel and glove box badge, would not show on the model. Emberglow would be my color choice.

There was a 7 Litre in 1967 but it was a badge engineered XL and was not a model of its own. Very rare to see one. I have never!
I'm just saying, as long as the Galaxie casting already exists, why not make a & Litre which would only be tampo engineering.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
I believe all 7 Litres have the side pinstripes . The one I owned over 20 years ago had them ..

I think you're right. The stripe could also be ordered as an option on XLs and 500s. But I think I better check on that. Gray hair means fuzzy gray matter as well.:confused:

·
Registered
981 Posts
I believe all 7 Litres have the side pinstripes . The one I owned over 20 years ago had them ..
Dave , Did your 7L have the same looking side stripes as in Jim's picture?, The placement of the stripes in the pic seem to have that "after-market" look to them ......

·
Registered
4,467 Posts
Steves164 said:
Dave , Did your 7L have the same looking side stripes as in Jim's picture?, The placement of the stripes in the pic seem to have that "after-market" look to them ......

As the others have shown , those are factory stripes . they were painted on too , not decals . Here is my 7 Litre from around 1980 ..

1 - 13 of 13 Posts