Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this has been brought up before but I wanted to say a few thing's in regards to the *NEW* Corgi Batmobile..

Many of US who wanted to get a Batmobile fix (including me) couldn't wait for the release of the Batmobile Diecasts/Models ..The 60's style comic book Batmobile was all well and good, but I gotta say I'm really tired of it.

I got the *NEW* Corgi Batmobile and well..wasn't too happy with it. Any of them actually. I am wondering how sales are going for Corgi's *NEW* Batman releases??

The Danbury Mint 60's style comic book is another way out of control Priced JOKE!! Why get that when there are a few of the same Batmobiles at much lower prices, that OKAY may NOT be as detailed, but look just as good. Is Danbury Mint selling alot of these or NOT??

Regardless there are many people who would want to see the 66 Barris batmobile released, with that said alone, I bet you that the sale of it would go Sky High. So I don't understand why they are being such A--Holes and just settling on copyright issue's..Many would be very happy and much money to be made through WB's and Barris and whoever else gets a cut of the change.

Just sharing, I needed to get that off my chest, I'm NOT looking to offend anyone here, cause I am as big a fan of Batman/& the Batmobile..

Thanks. :wave:

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
Barris made the comment to someone when he appeared at a local car show that something was in works with HW to do the 60's TV Batmobile. I guess we will just have to wait and see if it happens.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Having just bought a Corgi # 267 Gold Hub - Red Bats 1966-67 version in the box from Bob G. (does all the Bobs Toy show models) I should have my head examined...the vintage stuff can be out of this world...
I was late in hearing about the new Corgi versions hitting Wal-Marts - and there is not one left of the 60s version in the 2 shippers that arrived at my local Wal-Mart - While I have not seen one in person, I have heard statements from vintage Corgi collectors of udder dismay - to collectors of newer type toys that it is a neat - and a fun model... as far as the Danbury Mint model - I cannot comment, I don't collect Danbury... Steve Cameron

·
Registered
4,370 Posts
HWs is totally crucifying the Batman Line, do you really think they will do the '66 Barris version JUSTICE? I don't.
They let Mattel get away with all those variations of DC Comic stuff and yet PM(JL) has trouble getting permision to make a WL version of a Fest Dinner Car.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
hoosier-lightning said:
HWs is totally crucifying the Batman Line, do you really think they will do the '66 Barris version JUSTICE?
Haven't you seen the movie 2-packs Hot Wheels did? They BLOW AWAY anything done previously. So they have an original Batmobile design they use over and over. I've actually had fun hunting down all the variations.
I've had a gut feeling Hot Wheels is working on a '66 Batmobile. If they release one, it'll be the Holy Grail of die-cast cars. That's just my feeling. To each his own, I guess.

- JJ
www.hollywood-diecast.com

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That would be neat if HW's did a 66 Batmobile..

The *NEW* Corgi 60's style comic book Batmobile to me is okay, but I guess I said to my self..ENOUGH!!
:)

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
Wouldn't it be even better if JL did a slotcar version? Yes, I think that it would!

I would even be happy with a HW electric racing version on a 440x2 chassis. :thumbsup:

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah like the Original Aurora one.

Didn't JL/Polar Lights get out of doing any more Batman stuff??

Anyone know why?? Was it due to poor sales??

·
Banned
1,963 Posts
80s_boy said:
Yeah like the Original Aurora one.

Didn't JL/Polar Lights get out of doing any more Batman stuff??

Anyone know why?? Was it due to poor sales??
Mattel bought the license...

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
D-68pontiac said:
are those 1/64th batmobiles in a box or on a card? and are they only at target?
They're in those black Showcase canister thingies. And I've heard they're available through online retailers as well.

- JJ

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
I bought the Corgi's 60's comic Batmobile and was very happy with it. Would love the Barris one but have given up hope. Push the warning light on top and a blade cutter comes out the front. Similar action for the original Corgi model. Cool...

·
Registered
7,548 Posts
I'm trying to get every version of the Batman/ Batmobiles/Batcycles/Batplanes//and Batboats in a timeline format,in as many scales as possible.
I'm happy with the new Corgi additions,especially the 60's comic version because that scale will complete 5,or 6 different sizes for me, in that style.
I have the Danbury comic BM and must say,it is the most incredibly detailed BM in my collection.(and I have built some "detail intensive" Bat things.)
I also have the great American Dream Machine,66 TV Batmobile and have nothing but glowing praise for it.(except for the price!!!$$$$)
It puts the Corgi 66 to shame.(especially after some custom light additions) :wave:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts