Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I laid an initial coat of Krylon Brushed Metallic Satin Nickel, then alternated a few coats of Navy Blue
and Nickel, ending w/ a mist of Nickel to give it a metallic finish and a Future bath.

'66 GTO

'67 GTO

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What he said! I for one, don't have the patience to try painting like that. Your patience paid off nicely. That's a great color blue.
Thanks, but it wasn't hard to do. It was my first time experimenting w/ it like that and just came to me that it could be done that way.

After letting the base coat dry I just laid on coats of blue/silver/blue, only waiting 30 seconds or so between coats, and finished by dusting it w/ silver from about 1.5 feet away. The blue by itself is much darker.

It's more becoming familiar w/ how paint comes out of the can than anything. I really like Krylon Indoor/Outdoor rattlecan paint because of the spray nozzle. It lets out a fine spray that is easy to control. With a little practice anyone could do it.

·
Registered
158 Posts
SSSShhhhhaaaaaaazzzzzzbot Dude! Great paint job. Rattle canners unite we storm the airbrush castle when the moon is full!:thumbsup:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts