Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I might be asking a question that has already been asked, but I have the blue '65 Nova Zinger with yellow flames, but on the chassis it says 1963 Nova. This isn't the only '65 Nova I have with this marking. Certainly JL must know us gearheads are going to notice a 1963-'64 Nova is different from the '65 Nova. Can anyone shed any light on why they pass this one year body style (1965) as the 1963 Nova?

·
Registered
7,277 Posts
They have been pulling that ever since they first cast this. Calling this cast either the 63, 64 or 65. I love this body style and have collected, I think, every release... I like it better than the newer 66 body style they just cast.
Can u tell be the differences between the 63, 64 and 65? Is it just picky little things like taillights and emblem placement?

Oh, by the way, I thought the worst mistake on the Nova was the American Beauties release... said 65 Nova all over the package and in big letters on the poster that came with it, but, to me, the car in the picture was a nice dark burgandy colored 66 Nova...and they already had the cast out for the 66...and the car we ended up with in the package was a enamel red 63-64 cast of the Chevy II/Nova..that looked like original Muscle cars release of it from like 10 years ago.:mad:

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My parents owned a '63 convertible Nova when I was growing up. This was the only year Nova made a convertible. What a collectible it would be today. Yes you are right, the side view of the car is the same, but the '65 had different taillights and grille. I'm ok with it, but wondered why don't they just call it a '65 instead of passing it off as a '63.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts