Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,260 Posts
I'm confused. I know it says Treasure Hunt, but what makes it so? I don't see any upgraded wheels, no rubber tires - so what makes it a TH?

·
Registered
6,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The green stripe. Sad but true. Even the Supers have plastic bases. Give me a metal/metal, Real Rider Garage or Boulevard any day over these. Having said that, why do I run around like a lunatic trying to find them?:confused::tongue::)
I'm confused. I know it says Treasure Hunt, but what makes it so? I don't see any upgraded wheels, no rubber tires - so what makes it a TH?

·
Registered
14,324 Posts
The green stripe. Sad but true. Even the Supers have plastic bases. Give me a metal/metal, Real Rider Garage or Boulevard any day over these. Having said that, why do I run around like a lunatic trying to find them?:confused::tongue::)
Yeah, the green stripe, and also the limited availability - as limited as Mattel can be anyway. Some supers do have metal/metal though. My '63 T-Bird and '58 Impala supers from last year have the whole shebang. Metal/metal, RR's and spectraflame paint, all for a buck! I'm quite proud of those two, because they really are super. :hat:

·
Registered
6,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nice! I recently found the Impala.Super and reg. It is a nice car.

Yeah, the green stripe, and also the limited availability - as limited as Mattel can be anyway. Some supers do have metal/metal though. My '63 T-Bird and '58 Impala supers from last year have the whole shebang. Metal/metal, RR's and spectraflame paint, all for a buck! I'm quite proud of those two, because they really are super. :hat:

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
I found one of these this morning, though on the long card. The one thing that does make it stand out is that it is metal/metal. Nice heft to it.

·
Registered
84 Posts
My tongue is so sore!

I can't help it! I have been biting my tongue ever since these wheels started showing up on so many cars. They couldn't possibly look good on anything! Yet they just keep using them on all kinds of cars. They make me ill! Also, In my opinion the 1965 Chevelle is one of the best bodystyles to ever be manufactured and needs to be presented clean. It needs no tampo's at all. Much less a circus look! That is about the ugliest car I have ever seen! I am sorry but that is just one man's opinion. Thanks for leting me vent!

·
Registered
910 Posts
i know it sounds weird i usually hate the tampo thing but i think the tampos actually suit it... i dunno why..but they do.. great find either way :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
8,993 Posts
Nice 65 chevelle malibu treasure hunt find congrats.:wave::thumbsup:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts