Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone :wave:
My first time over here on this board, usually over on the diecast side. As the title of this thread implies, I have a small question about this car and I figured that you all would be the best at giving me a definitive answer. I heard that the white painted version of this car is a "chase" piece. Well I found one the other day and while talking with one of my other collector friends this morning, he informed me that he heard that it wasn't a chase car and that Polar Lights doesn't do W/L type chase vehicles. Can someone please inform me as to what the real facts on this are?
Thanks,
-Charlie-

·
Registered
6,776 Posts
yup. PL does "chase" models. It's a bit of a mystery to those modeler's who actually build the things with paint and stuff. Me, I just like looking at the boxes so the color of the plastic is immaterial.

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
The 65 Coronet in the "pearl white" color is in fact the White Lightning Polar Lights version. Lot of the builders are stripping the white ones to paint.
Chris

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
The Pearl White car is the chase car - about one in 12.
The yellow car is also a bit shorter run because that is the color replaced by the White car in the mix.

Dave

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Hey b bodylover,

What color is the interior of your car? I found one with a pearl white body but a sort of beige interior.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Unless I'm deeply mistaken, they're all made with beige/tan interiors. The plastic parts are all molded in the same colors in all of the kits, and then the color variations (the red, black, and yellow, along with the white "chase" color) only involve the paint on the body and hood.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Brooks said:
Unless I'm deeply mistaken, they're all made with beige/tan interiors. The plastic parts are all molded in the same colors in all of the kits, and then the color variations (the red, black, and yellow, along with the white "chase" color) only involve the paint on the body and hood.
Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Dave Metzner said:
The yellow car is also a bit shorter run because that is the color replaced by the White car in the mix.

What do you mean by the yellow car replacing the white car? Does the white car come in all boxes?

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
The mix is supposed to be one White car in twelve
For two cases of six cars - the color mix should be:
Four Red cars
Four Black cars
Three Yellow cars
One White car

Thus the Yellow cars are slightly less common than the Red and Black cars.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Dave Metzner said:
The mix is supposed to be one White car in twelve
For two cases of six cars - the color mix should be:
Four Red cars
Four Black cars
Three Yellow cars
One White car

Thus the Yellow cars are slightly less common than the Red and Black cars.
Thanks for the information, Dave!

I've seen the white one and it does look nice. But, there's no room for it in my collection right now, so back to the shelf it went.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts