Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
981 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't believe the Sport Fury was sold as a 2 door sedan.. Had to see how it would look with a little correction..
The interior was swapped out with one out of a 67 Cougar with buckets. Made the two tone red/black pattern similar to the real one .
I think I may need to get some real work done around the place.. I can blame it on "cabin fever"..

·
Registered
972 Posts
Great job! All the chrome trim looks right and even the black centers in the wheel covers look right. A 100% improvement over the casting as it began!

·
Registered
981 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
jimhowie2000 said:
Great job! All the chrome trim looks right and even the black centers in the wheel covers look right. A 100% improvement over the casting as it began!
Thanks Jim .. you noticed the trim . There was quite a few chrome trim variations for the 62 Sport Fury .. Including the huge amount of chrome around the side windows and trunk lid..

·
Registered
779 Posts
It is not a sedan.
With the post it is a coupe.
Without the post it's a hardtop.

Four doors and it's a sedan.
Chrysler introduced that car as a "hardtop coupe" and was actually built both ways,with and without the post.

·
Registered
981 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
McRooster said:
It is not a sedan.

Chrysler introduced that car as a "hardtop coupe" and was actually built both ways,with and without the post.
Thanks McRooster.. You seem to know what you crow.. Was there ever a SPORT FURY with a post?

·
Registered
926 Posts

·
Registered
779 Posts
The 1962 Savoy was the car with the post,the Fury and Belvedere seemed to be the ones without it.
From what I have heard was the Savoy came with it no matter what,but you could specifically order a hardtop coupe and you'd get the post.

Chrysler had so many options both interior and exterior that I still learn things till this day.There needs to be some kind of mopar bible written so mopar lovers could get their fill,but I don't think it would still be enough.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
McRooster said:
It is not a sedan.

Back then there were 2 door sedans and 2 door hardtops also known as coupes :thumbsup:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts