Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
On this one I swapped in larger rear wheels with mags, left the original Centerline style on the front, and painted the inner section black. Pulled off the hood and added a Zinger motor, which I had cut off a little more than a 16th of an inch so it wouldn't sit so high. Then I just added the decals and clear coated the sides.

·
Registered
10,947 Posts
Great car! You know where that would look good? Right here in my vintage super stock case! ( Yes, I really do have a case of just super stock / pro stock cars) The 62' does looks wonderful. Very "real".

·
Registered
5,314 Posts
first thing I thought was looks right. Second thing I thought was looks right 'cause the motor fits. third thing I thought was would look good in a diorama with the wheels lifted up off the ground about 1 scale foot. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
5,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks very much for the comments guys, I certainly appreciate it! I had fun with this one as I love the older drag cars. I will have to see if I have another casting to do and make a diorama.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Excellent job on that one Dad. I had planned on doing a 62 belvi pro stock, but I don't think I could improve on what you've done :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
54 Posts
That looks like something I'd try. The super stock/pro versions really appeal to me. I like that in most any car. Those zinger motors are awesome, good job lowering it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts