Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I made this truck using the bed and chasis from a 57 flashsider and the cab off a 62 chevy pu. This is also my first try with an airbrush LMKWYT!
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Hey James,
That's a real good job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Truck looks real and the Candy Red came out great!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nice job on the tape, the two-tone and the tires!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--CadillacPat the UnCustomizer--
Keeping the ZING in CustomiZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
5,816 Posts
Lookin good!!! Great color scheme and perfect wheels and tires! Love it!!!

·
Registered
10,947 Posts
Oh wow, I love your color and tire choice! A GREAT looking truck, and that side mounted spare is the icing on the cake! Two thumbs up.

·
Registered
19,875 Posts
I like the way those photos look alot, but you could also try putting the light in from more behind the camera rather than in front of it.
The truck looks really great too!!!

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
:wave:
I like the way those photos look alot, but you could also try putting the light in from more behind the camera rather than in front of it.
The truck looks really great too!!!
Thanks for the tip. It usually takes me about 25 to 30 pics hitting every button on the camera and multiple cuss words just to get 1 or 2 at all. Any other tips you have would be appreciated ...Thanks Lummox :wave:
I would also like to thank Lee for his generous contribution of several 62 chevy trucks! Thanks to Cadillac Pat for his countless paint tips that tell you how to get good results out of inexpensive means ! This build was fun for me and I believe appreciation shows by all of my Hobbytalk freinds comments! Thank you all for you positive comments,...

·
Slotcar Fanatic
13,013 Posts
It usually takes me about 25 to 30 pics hitting every button on the camera and multiple cuss words just to get 1 or 2 at all. ...
Don't feel bad, that's the way I do pix. Either too much light, not enough light, camera set wrong for this, camera set wrong for that. Think I'm going to start doing my pix outside in the sun. That way I can learn a whole new bunch of wrong ways to take pix. :eek: rr

·
Registered
790 Posts
That's beautiful. Absolutely gorgeous....

Great, now I have to go try to find a flashsider for a buck. This body style is a necessity for my '62 chevy collection... (As is finishing most of the others!)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts