Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
10,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went into a local (Newport, Rhode Island) Hobby Shop yesterday that has gotten JLs in way back in the past, and was talking with the Manager about the new Johnnies that are hitting the pegs. He was relunctant to order any at first, but then called his supplier and was told he could order a Retro Rods, 60s Sizzle, or Modern Muscle inner.

He decided to take the plunge, and asked me which I preferred. I promised that if he ordered the 60s Sizzle set, I'd be good for at least three cars. He said they'd be in today, and when I went in after work, there they were, all twelve of 'em! I grabbed the Super Bee, the '68 Impala, and the awesome looking '67 Shelby.

I thought it was awesome of him to order those after talking with me, and I hope anyone in the area will drop in and help clear those pegs so he'll order more. He priced them a bit high (the supplier quoted him a suggested retail of $5.75) but I wasn't about to quibble after he ordered them for me.

Also got a really cool 1/64 tractor cab from First Gear that he knocked down to twelve bucks for me. I'll have to find just the right trailer for it :thumbsup:

·
Registered
7,693 Posts
Oh goodie! Another shop for the HT Team to invade!! We'll have to add that one on our itinerary for the next hunt! :thumbsup:
Just before, tell the owner to order 10 inners - there oughta be a WL in there somewhere!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts