Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to Toys-R-us today... Their back!
They had six of them, "Had" six of them. I bought them all! They are the same interlocking cases but with the RC2 logo on the box. They look real good on the wall. I brought this up before wanting more of these. Someone listened!!! THANKS!

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
And it's about time :tongue: Stopped into the local TRU last week and they had 7 of them on the shelves. They use to be $5.99. These scanned at $7.99 so I passed. Oh, if you decide to interlock more than four make sure you upgrade your mounting hardware instead of using the crap in the box..... :wave:

·
Registered
255 Posts
They still have 7 on the shelves at the TRU by my place. Yes $6.99 each. You'd think the would have at least made them hold maybe 12 cars for that price. Plastic can't be that expensive :freak: ZF

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
I cleaned out the local TRU of these last week. I paid $5.99 each, worth it since the Topper collection is growing so fast.

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
man, my TRU has had these forever... personally to expensive for me to buy, if they were a couple bucks each would be ok. but for $5.99-$7.99 for a case to hold 6 cars... no thank you. thats over $1 per car.

Will eventually get over to Home Depot/Lowes and pick up some plexy glass and make my own cases for pennies on the dollar! :)

·
Premium Member
5,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I agree these are a bit pricey. But like my buddy told me. There is no way his wife would let him spend the money for a fancy 108 car case. But he can sneak a couple of these home now and then. After time it will grow.

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
bob8748 said:
I agree these are a bit pricey. But like my buddy told me. There is no way his wife would let him spend the money for a fancy 108 car case. But he can sneak a couple of these home now and then. After time it will grow.
he's got a good point with that one, luckily i dont have a wide, just a GF, and she don't care what i do with my money *yet* :p

·
Registered
10,947 Posts
TheDarkCutlass said:
he's got a good point with that one, luckily i dont have a wide, just a GF, and she don't care what i do with my money *yet* :p

You don't have a WIDE? Many more comments like that and you won't have a girlfriend either! :p :p :p

Just busting your chops DC, that looked like one of my many, many...many typos! Couldn't pass it up! :wave:

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
My "wide" has a new policy, I can buy whatever if she gets to buy something of equal value. She keeps track and once I get to a certain ammount, she buys something from EekBay for herself. It's fair, but also a tricky little policy to keep me in line, knowing whatever I spend will be doubled.

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Dragnet_Supporter said:
My "wide" has a new policy, I can buy whatever if she gets to buy something of equal value. She keeps track and once I get to a certain ammount, she buys something from EekBay for herself. It's fair, but also a tricky little policy to keep me in line, knowing whatever I spend will be doubled.
it's like a hobby tax but it's fair :wave:

·
Registered
4,917 Posts
Im making my own cases out of oak with plexiglass front. gets a little pricey out of oak, but I really love the rich full look with the oak. I dont really like the clear plastic/plexiglass cases

·
Registered
760 Posts
hey guys, with all this talk of purchasing these cases and the prices that they have soared too, why don't you guys buy them from one of our site sponsors?? diecast warehouse has them and if you buy 6 or more they are only $4.98 each. At tru's price of $7.99 each thats a savings of $18 on 6. Plus your helping business that help the site! Just a thought, I have bought from him in the past..no problems.

~BILL~

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
69Stang said:
You don't have a WIDE? Many more comments like that and you won't have a girlfriend either! :p :p :p

Just busting your chops DC, that looked like one of my many, many...many typos! Couldn't pass it up! :wave:
wide.. wife... same thing

*yea she'd kill me if she saw this, luckily she's to busy collecting her mardi gras masks and stuff to care about my die-cast habit :p

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
stangcollector said:
hey guys, with all this talk of purchasing these cases and the prices that they have soared too, why don't you guys buy them from one of our site sponsors?? diecast warehouse has them and if you buy 6 or more they are only $4.98 each. At tru's price of $7.99 each thats a savings of $18 on 6. Plus your helping business that help the site! Just a thought, I have bought from him in the past..no problems.

~BILL~
Thanks...I'll keep that in mind next time.

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
eyecandy said:
Im making my own cases out of oak with plexiglass front. gets a little pricey out of oak, but I really love the rich full look with the oak. I dont really like the clear plastic/plexiglass cases
This is what i plan on doing myself, except mine will be like prefinished hardwood flooring... actually, it will be! we throw so much of the stuff away due to claims(minor flaws) I can always scrap together some boards to make a case.

I plan on taking some 3" engineered (read "plywood") red oak flooring to make the backing, 4 sides, and then use it to make the shelves, but at an angle.

Will take a little bit of work... once i get started... eventually. ""Might"" be moving soon into a house (read "renting GF's parent's house") that has a garage... great for projects like this!

·
Registered
4,917 Posts
TheDarkCutlass said:
This is what i plan on doing myself, except mine will be like prefinished hardwood flooring... actually, it will be! we throw so much of the stuff away due to claims(minor flaws) I can always scrap together some boards to make a case.

I plan on taking some 3" engineered (read "plywood") red oak flooring to make the backing, 4 sides, and then use it to make the shelves, but at an angle.

Will take a little bit of work... once i get started... eventually. ""Might"" be moving soon into a house (read "renting GF's parent's house") that has a garage... great for projects like this!
A garage is exactly what I need! I get sick of apartment living, but I still have a couple years left. I still manage to have a router table, 10" table saw, 12" meiter saw, meiter saw work station, air compressor, and all the handtools to go with it all tucked away out of sight, but I can have everything set up outside in about 10 minutes.

I havent decided on an angle for the shelves yet, Ive been playing with that still. I have one idea kooked up, but I ran out of daylight tonight.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts