Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 176 Posts

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's time to start making your plans for one of the best trophy races of the year the 5th annual Jeff Sears Memorial race March 10th at Lake City R/C Speedway
in Plattsburgh NY.This race has become one of the top races of the year with drivers from NY,VT,NH,ME and Quebec,Ontario Canada doing battle on the short track,the classes are 10th scale pro 4 cell (kascar)Pro sportsman 4 cell purple end bell motors with a 1.40 rollout 3800 batterys,Nastruck 4 cell 3300 battery
1.40 rollout with track motor,Mighty Mini's 1/18 scale box stock,12th scale and we are working on a SK modified class,i will keep you posted.
this is short track racing at it's best,you haven't raced until you raced short track style.

Dan Dubuque

·
AKA Rusty NutZ
1,138 Posts
oh man i cant wait for this one. better start workin on them motors. havent used them in a long time. gonna be my first (and hopefully not the last) JSMR.

Rusty NutZ

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
This is definately the race to attend. The past has shown that this race has always been a success! Great ambiance and close competition... can't be beat!

Can't wait.....DON'T MISS THIS ONE!!!!

Antonio

(PS - I will wait a couple of weeks before making my predictions! But, I know that the pro-Sportsman will be the toughest to predict!???)

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
I might have to think about this one. Not likely. This is the best short track race in the northeast. 90 foot race groove. Last year the A main was all within a lap of each other. I can't wait.
Put me in for Kascar and maybe 12th if I can get a ride by then.

LAter,
Fireball

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Tony brother your right this year predictions are going to be harder than ever,especially the pro sportsman,some of the best racers in the northeast will be here,so if your not here you will be missing what everyone will be talking about.doors open at 7am racing starts at 1:00 sharp,we will be open friday for practice.if you haven't been here before we do have a full stock hobby shop (C&N hobbies)and some of the best track food there is.(Dee's Pitstop) Plenty of parking,and hotels and shopping malls close by.

Dan Dubuque
MIGHTY MIDGET

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Dan, there is a rumor that Andre (yes, Mr. Excitment himself!) may come out of retirement to race SK modified. Stay tuned for more as this story develops. ...

back to you Dan,

Antonio

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Tony,what we need to do is get Mr Danny Flag out of retirement for the JSMR,he would have a blast in a SK modified or 12th scale.now back to tony in the booth.

Dan Dubuque

·
Registered
202 Posts
Count me in, I would not miss this race for the world!!!! Hey Dan does the Hobby shop have a good selection of paint? I need to get some. I am hoping with in the next month to make it down to get some practice in so watch out.:drunk: !!! I just have to find out when Jr is going again...

Justina Sears

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Justina,Neil does carry a good assortment of paint in the hobby shop,can't wait to see you again,i can't believe we are already on the 5th JSMR,time sure does fly.
Fastal we would love to see you get back into racing,the hobby just isn't the same without you racing,so get some stuff and come on back.
NEWSFLASH..................it as been confirmed last night that the return of one of the best wheels will be returning and racing the JSMR.Erica Pelkowski will be teaming up with her husband Dave and driving my car in the sportsman pro class,she plans on practicing this week.

Dan Dubuque

·
Registered
552 Posts
Track was super fast last night, I predict 90 in pro sportsman! Maybe 94 in pro 4-cell , or a very fast 93! Its going to be a good time no matter what.... Whoops 92-or 93 in 1/12th scale!

Psycho AlieNs.....

·
Registered
767 Posts
Ya never know Midget man I might just come up and watch. You gotta send me directions, the old ones prolly wont get me to the place anymore, and them cows I navigated by before are prolly long gone:D!

·
Registered
353 Posts
count me in for this one, the pro sportsman class will be a good race lets just hope the darksides can pull something out and one of us can win :).
Scott Mere
Axiom Racing Motors

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Fastal,yes those cows have long been BIG MACS, our track is easier to find then when you were last here,I87 exit 38N turn right at traffic light rt22 north we are 3/4 of a mile on the left.

Dan Dubuque

·
Registered
202 Posts
Wow, It has been a long time since I have raced against Erica. I better get some practice time in. It should be fun. Yeah Dan time does fly.

Justina

1 - 20 of 176 Posts