Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lesney missed a trick back in 1970 not using this tool for the hearse dragster that exists in prototype form.
Today I pulled 3 of these from my beater box to choose 1 to ship to another collector, and first looked to see if i had all major variations covered.
And much to my surprise I discovered that one was no 15 Volkswagen off white, much more creamy than the rest......but hold on, so are the seats :rolleyes:
At the very least, this cream car has been in the sun or a tobacco environment to discolour the seats.Whether or not it left the factory in this creamy colour, or if any did when Lesney made them I am not yet convinced.Although it could be a cream car with sun damaged seats ;)
I have all the main variations covered thankfully, solid & hollow tyres, big and small red cross, silver and unpainted grille issues..........now all I need is a G box:wave:

·
Registered
19,875 Posts
I love the fact that this model says S&S on the base. S&S standing for Sayers and Scovil/Hess & Isenhardt. I had a '63 Cadillac S&S 3-way hearse for a while and am fairly big into funeral car/ambulance history.
No other hearse or ambulance I've seen in small scale cares to mention the coachbuilder.
This diecast rendition dipicts a 1964 model year.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts