Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is mostly an excuse to show off, and to get the hang of this camera. I'll get more detailed shots of teh interior after I unscrew the thing, but these show how the paint scheme works with the cool black body.

Since many cars of an older age had interiors that stressed wood paneling, I thought that would eb a good choice here. Batman's colors are a matter of personal taste, but I most think of him as black and grey, with the odd yellow highlights. This was painted to suit. Hope you like it. I was happy with it...

..and let me say again that this was one beautifully made kit. I couldn't be happier with it!

Attachments

·
Registered
343 Posts
That's very cool! I have yet to do this one, but I know it won't be anywhere near this good. Love Batman stuff (all DC heroes actually).

Larry

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Hey, thanks! :) Do give it a shot, it's just a matter of painting the interior.
I'm no car guy...well, I like them but am no good at them. That's what I love about this diecast, I can't possbly make the exterior look bad! :lol:

Hope I'm not using up my allotted space at Hobby Talk for pics. Myabe I better delete a few old ones...

Attachments

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
The interior is trimmed with Bare Metal Foil, except for the gizmo in back (tTestors aluminum) and the fire extinguisher handles (painted Testors silver and looking appropriately duller than the chrome trim by comparison).

The wood was painted in Camel and Cappucino acrylic paints from Folk Art, and grain added with reddish-brown pencil (then washed again very lightly with the Folk Art colors, just enough for tinting/blending).

For the readout on the gizmo in back, I ran a search on spectromatography, resized and printed up the best pic I could find (though for '50s technology it shouldn't have been in color).

The display screens on the dash have pics cut out of the film noir section of a Kino's catalog. The passenger side screen should be a radar image, but I couldn't find a decent one that was still intelligible when resized.

·
Registered
189 Posts
That is an amazing job!

I am doing mine in a dark cherry wood finish. Your dash is inspirational, though. Great pictures like yours raise the bar for me.

I have also decided that I like my Bat-cars in midnight blue, with silver (not chrome) accents. So, I have stripped all of the parts and am re-painting.

Thanks for getting me back into the studio!

Deane

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
WOW!!! And thats an understatement. I'm very impressed by that interior, makes me want to get one for me to do and do the cheap thing and copy yours!!:wave:

·
Starship Class
11,837 Posts
INCREDIBLE! Looks fully life-size! Really gorgeous paint job and detailing!

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
I don't know what I can add that hasn't already been said. Just simply beautiful. Outstanding use of colors. Marvelous job of applying said colors. I am both inspired and intimidated to build mine now.
Excellent piece of work Dreamer. Thanks for sharing.
Oh, and I agree, JL did a fantastic job on this model.

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
:) :eek: Thank you, everybody! Glad you like it!

Deane, yours sounds like an excellent choice of color scheme, I hope you post some shots when it's done!

1 - 20 of 48 Posts